• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Get "Printer Unavailable" error in FireFox, then topic prints

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a WebHelp Help system using RoboHelp 8.0 HTML.  When I open a Help topic in FireFox 13 and click Print to print the topic, I get a "Printer Unavailable." error message.  When I click OK to the message, the topic prints anyway.  When I open a Help topic in IE and go through the same sequence, I don't see the "Printer Unavailable" message before the topic prints.

I know this may be a FireFox configuration issue rather than a RoboHelp HTML issue, but perhaps someone else out there has run into this behavior in FireFox and found a way to stop the "Printer Unavailable." error message from appearing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interestingly I was speaking to someone yesterday and they had the same issue with something entirely separate from RoboHelp.

That prompted me to starting entering Printer Unavailable into Google. Predictive searches showed this is a well known problem.

Try Google. I think you will need to involve your developers.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp