• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 9.0.2 update keeps showing up in Adobe Application Manager (AAM)

Explorer ,
May 02, 2012 May 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AAM keeps showing up in my Windows XP system tray, and listing the 9.0.2 update. I install it and *zingo-bingo* it's back when AAM checks for updates again.

When the update is installing it gets to 13%, then the progress bar suddenly surges to 100% and reports that installation is complete. This is tiresome, annoying, and frustrating.

I searched the fora about this problem but was unable to find any articles on it, so...

Image1.png

...if anyone has any ideas handy, I'm definitely in the market.

Thanks in advance,

Burtin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2012 May 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try downloading the update from here first.

http://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html

If that fails either try from another location (home?).

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Hesitant to try Peter's advice because the two update files are for 9.0 and 9.01 versions. I already have 9.02 installed, but the updater keeps going through the motions 0...13...100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version do you see in Help > About?

What version do you see in Programs and Features (or Add/Remove Programs)? You haven't said what your OS is.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help > About "9.0.2.272"

Add/Remove "9"

Windows XP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I know what is going on here but I want to be sure.

When you reply, there is a camera icon. Please use that to add a screenshot of Add/Remove showing the RoboHelp line.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6-28-2012 2-50-01 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is similar to something I have seen before. I don't have the standalone version of RoboHelp 9, mine is part of TCS3 so I don't get a separate entry.

What happens is Add/Remove and Help > About get out of sync and then you have issues. The only solution is to uninstall and then press F5 in Add/Remove. If there is still an entry, don't panic. Repeat the process until it does go. Then reinstall and add the patches one by one.

The steps I have described were necessary for RoboHelp 8 and I believe RoboHelp 9 should uninstall in one pass.

Whatever the rights and wrongs there, I believe you are going to have to uninstall and reinstall.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. I’ll give that a try. This sort of thing is a real problem in production.

Burtin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Peter. That solved my problem on a standalone RH install. Good show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp