• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webhelp Merge TOC limit?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2006 Nov 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently merging 22 projects in Webhelp. After I added #11, my TOC, Indes, etc. disappeared. The FAQ's on this topic said "There is no limit to the number of sub-projects you can reference in the master."

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Or is there a bug of some sort?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of RH are you using? There was a bug in the early releases of X3 and the separate merge module that came with it that limited you to a number around the level you mention. A patch was issued for that.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently running X5.0.2. Would I still need a patch for this version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's OK, I heard you the first time! :-)

No, it was only an X3 thing and then only early versions. There's no bug that I know of that would have this effect in X5.

Take a look at the topic about merging webhelp that is on my site. Maybe something there will give a clue. I don't know why you should be having this problem as plenty of people have merged larger numbers.

Are your projects all on your hard disk?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

:0 I guess I need help on how to respond in this forum also.

Yes, all my files are on my hard drive. They are also on a server in Version Control. Would that be a problem?

I did peek at your site this morning and was wondering if I needed to restructure my folders using your method? I will try anything.

The strange thing is that as soon as I delete the 11th project, everything comes back. Okay I am going to click "Reply to topic" and hope it is only posted once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think I found the problem. One of the authors had used an "&" in the project name. Renamed project and everything is fine now. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooh! Is it going to be a public hanging? Perhaps a stay of sentence if they buy the drinks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
After a couple of margaritas, I am very forgiving 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp