• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reinstallation Crashes

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS2 programs were, at first, crashing when more than one was open at a time.  Then, they needed to be relaunched and reset.  Now, reinstallation is crashing!  Please, help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which CS2 programs?  What operating system are you using?  Do you receive an error message when trying to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS2 Standard, OSX 10.5.8 and no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so is every application in Creative Suite 2 standard crashing and giving you the same error message?  Also could you please post the error message you receive when trying to use the applications.  Next have these applications ever worked under 10.5.8?  Finally besides reinstalling what have you tried to resolve your difficulties?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, applications were crashing when more than one was open at a time.  Then, I started to receive an error message stating that applications needed to be relaunched and reset before they would open.  Everything used to work.  So, I uninstalled CS2 Standard and was going to reinstall it.  Now, the installation crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WIthout any specific error messages the best I can advise is to review Troubleshoot system errors, freezes | Mac OS 10.x | Adobe software - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html.  The steps in this document are rather generic but could lead you to a resolution.  Feel free to respond to this thread if you have any questions about how to perform any of the steps listed within the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get an error message when the installation crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2012 Jun 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Apple Store thinks that it's the Adobe Installer file.  How can I get that replaced?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't have any replacement media for CS2 any longer.  You can check to see if it is disc error though by trying to copy the contents of the CD to your desktop.  If you receive an error message then the media has become damaged.  If not then it is likely something else causing your difficulties.  It should be noted that CS2 was never tested with 10.5.8 so it could simply be a compatibility issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  The same thing happens when I copy it to my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I upgrade to the first version that was tested on 10.5.8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2012 Jul 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are my options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2012 Jul 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can find upgrade info for Creative Suite 6 at http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/upgradeinfo.html.  Unfortunately the earliest version which qualifies for upgrade pricing is Creative Suite 3.  You may want to check if you have any newer point products which might qualify you for upgrade pricing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines