Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FMS 2.0.5 Max connections allowed exceeds license limit

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2009 Oct 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have a problem with the Licence Manager, and it seems to be an FMS bug.

We have an FMS application, and we're monitoring it in every 5 minutes via fmscheck.

Sometimes (1 time in a month) the FMS server says "Max connections allowed exceeds license limit", and we have to restart it.

Version: Flash Media Server 2.0.5 r88

License: 3 x 150 connections with unlimited bandwidth

Connections: ~ 100-200 simultaneous connections

Error log:

2009-10-10    20:56:04    8302    (e)2581279    Assert failed in /server/TCLicenseManager.cpp line 2402    -
2009-10-10    20:56:04    8302    (e)2581279    Assert failed in /server/TCLicenseManager.cpp line 2402    -
2009-10-10    20:56:04    8302    (i)2651182    (_defaultRoot_, _defaultVHost_) : Max connections allowed exceeds license limit. Rejecting connection to : nebulatest/_definst_.     -
2009-10-10    20:56:04    8302    (w)2641213    Connection rejected by server. Reason : [ License.Limit.Exceeded ] : (_defaultRoot_, _defaultVHost_) : Max connections allowed exceeds license limit. Rejecting connection to : nebulatest/_definst_.     -

Please help

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2009 Oct 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I went back into the code archives and checked out the assert.  It's on the 24 hours or so license check and definitely looks like a bug.  However it's in an area of code that was completely rewritten for 3.0 and there's no report of a similar issue anymore.  I was hoping I'd fine a workaround for you, but at the moment all I can encouage is an upgrade as it appears that this issue has been fixed in FMS 3+.  If that's not feasible then I'd encourage you to go to your distributor and get an unlimited license as recompense for the problem, as that should avoid this issue.  I wish there was better news.

Asa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a solution for this problem yet?

I'm experiencing the same issue when there are only 10 open connections and have selected 150 license.

It always ran normally, but now we have to restart it every day(?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What version of FMS are you using?

Thanks,

Apurva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Apurva,

Thanks for your reply.

It's an older app, so the server is 2.0.4 r79

Would it help to remove the license and add supply the same serial again?

With kind regards,

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dennis,

As mentioned in the thread above, this issue has been fixed in FMS 3 and above so I'd suggest an upgrade to a higher version.

Thanks,

Apurva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Apurva,

Thanks for your quick reply.

It's strange though, that it always functioned normally.

Is something changed in the 24 hour license check on your end?

Is the source fully compatible with version 3?

Where could we obtain version 3 software and would an update be complimentary?

With kind regards,

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Apurva,

Could you also give more insight into the 24 licence check.

Could it perhaps be that the security/server-setup could prevent the FMS from checking it's license?

Should we open a port for this? Any information would be appreciated

With kind regards,

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines