Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Tooltips Present both in Source and Output

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have a tooltip problem in my RoboHelp projects. When hovering the image both in source and output the image source name is seen as a tooltip. Please, support! How can I remove them?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please give us some more detail. The version of RoboHelp you are using and the output you are producing would be a start. Is it just one image that has the problem? If so, check the image properties (see below). Is there a tooltip already there?

tooltip.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again!

I am working with RoboHelp 9.0.1.262. And the problem concerns all the images.  As an output I am converting the WEB HELP folder from the source into .rar. Later I run the index.htm file. I checked the image properties, and there is no tooltip there...

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I have understood correctly, you are running the index.htm from inside some sort of compressed file? If so, does the problem happen when you run the index.htm file from the uncompressed WebHelp folder? To be honest I think the results you'll see from inside a compressed file coul be very different. Not sure if there is a way around this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I see it from the uncompressed WebHELP folder too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't confirmed yet that the actual tooltip is not present in the image properties. Also can you tell us whether this is happening in all projects? What happens if you create a brand new project and add an image to a topic? If you are still getting the problem, can you please post an image of what you are getting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear, I'd expect a tooltip to be displayed hovering an image in the source. This can be very useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it appears while hovering the image in the source too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When you do not specify a tooltip, RoboHelp adds the name of the image as the alt attribute on generation. The alt attribute is the alternative text that is used by screen readers and other devices. The alt attribute is required so you need it for valid HTML and you also need it for accessability.

If you see the alt text while hovering the image, you must be using Internet Explorer. IE incorrectly shows the alternative text as tool tip.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using IE and RH V9.  The alt HTML language is correct but the Alt Tag does not show after publishing either to WebHelp or Accessible versions.  I read in another thread:  If, however, I manually copy and paste the alt text into the screen tip field of the image in the RH topic, the alt text does appear in the WebHelp output"  but I don't know where the Screen Tip field is for an image.  I don't see the same window for the image as shown in your 10/8/04 posting.  How do I get to the Screen Tip area to be able to manually insert the correct HTML alt tag information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Double click the image and you will see a Screen Tip field in the Image Tab.

Please add this to the other thread where you have asked this question.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The actual problem is not the image tooltip appearing in the source, ir doesn't bother at all, the issue is that I don't want to have it in the output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! I am working on IE. That's why I see it! I also tried to open it with other browsers, and he tooltips are no more present! At least now I know the reason of the issue. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you really want to remove the tooltips, you will need to remove the alt attributes from your output. A script or find and replace tool can help without that. (Or you can wait for MS to fix IE )

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! I think I will need to run a script for removing them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp