Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Issue

Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player 11.3 was automatically installed (updated) in my computer, but it caused significant sound distortion when playing videos on YouTube etc (like the same track running twice at different points and static), so I uninstalled it. I tried to reinstall it through Firefox 13.0.1, but was unable to do so....I succeeded through Internet Explorer 8.0, but the sound problems remained in all browsers. After discovering that there were issues with it I followed Adobe's advice and reverted back to 10.3 and then went to Add / Remove programs to remove 11.3, but was advised that it had already been uninstalled....however, this is not so, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome still show this version when playing videos while Firefox shows 10.3. Is there a way I can remove the 11.3, but keep the 10.3 or will the 11.3 be updated in time and then show in Add / Remove programs....what should I do please? OS XP SP3

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google Chrome gets automatically updated with Flash Player. So, you can't uninstall it.

Please go to the follwing page using Internet Explorer: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

Does it show the installed version as 11.3?

To install a previous version, first uninstall Flash Player using the steps mentioned in the following doc: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Please note that it will remove Flash Player from Firefox too.

https://help-internal.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/install-previous-version-flash-playe...

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to both of you for helping me.

Re: Please go to the following page using Internet Explorer: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

Does it show the installed version as 11.3?

Yes it does and so does Firefox now, seems to have updated itself....the 10.3 has disappeared from Add / Remove programs, only 11.3 shows now.

I wanted to run the uninstaller, but I don't quite understand the final manual step marked d that I need to make.

Do all of these have to go in Start > Run one at a time?

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
%appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player
%appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are willing to try a test version that we believe fixes these audio issues, please see this post for details:

Flash Player 11.3 Status - Updated 6/28

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See also How do I revert to a previous version of Flash Player?

I recommend that you turn off auto-update until the audio problem is fixed; hopefully with the next FP release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines