4 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2013 6:41 PM by DavidSalahi RSS

Uploading Phone Photos to Cloud

DavidSalahi Community Member

As far as I can tell, there is no way to upload photos from my Android phone to the Creative Cloud. Have I got that right? If so, that leaves a big hole in the mobile workflow. There's no convenient way to get photos from my phone to my Android tablet which is where I have Photoshop Touch. That's exactly where CC could fill a real need. I'm hoping an app to upload to the CC will be coming soon.

Right now, Google has CC beat, hands down, in this area. Every picture I take with my Galaxy Nexus is automatically uploaded to Google+ where I can choose to either share it or not. Either way, those photos are immediately accessible on my tablet or my PC.

• 1. Re: Uploading Phone Photos to Cloud
          David__B Employee Hosts

Hi David,

I tested from my Android smartphone (HTC Inspire 4G) and was unable to upload as well. I would get so far as to select and image to upload but it wouldn't upload. Is this similar to what you were experiencing?

I've went ahead and reported the issue to our developers. Thank you for posting about the issue here on the forums.

-Dave

• 2. Re: Uploading Phone Photos to Cloud

No, actually, I started to try to upload through the web page but gave up when I had trouble logging in. The first problem is that the login page doesn’t display well on the mobile version of Google Chrome. The transparency doesn’t work properly. Next, I have a rather long email address associated with my Adobe account. The address includes a hyphen which means I have to switch to an alternate screen and then back. That’s a lot of typing. And, I have a secure password that is impossible to remember. On my PC I have ways of dealing with that. Not so, on my mobile devices. Finally, I’ve been clicking the “Remember me” checkbox when logging into Adobe websites for years. It has never worked. So, the first time I tried logging in via the website from my phone it became clear to me that this would never be an acceptable workflow from a mobile device.

Right now, as far as I can see, the best workaround would be to email a photo to myself and then download the photo on my tablet. Clearly, this is a hassle and the more photos I want to edit with Photoshop Touch the more of a hassle it becomes. For one thing it eats up my mobile bandwidth. But mainly, it’s just too cumbersome.

For the Creative Cloud to work in a mobile scenario the whole process has to be convenient & easy. I think there needs to be a CC app which can remember login info and automatically upload photos from a phone to the CC. See my comments above at how seamlessly it works in Google+.

• 3. Re: Uploading Phone Photos to Cloud
              ccken

Is there a solution to this problem?

• 4. Re: Uploading Phone Photos to Cloud

As far as I can tell, the solution is that there is now a Photoshop Touch app for Android phones. I don't have it since it costs $4.99. Snapseed is free so for light editing on my phone I'll stick with Snapseed.

I still think Adobe needs an Android Creative Cloud app.