Expand my Community achievements bar.

determine if email submit actually occurred

Level 1

Hi, looking for a way to determine if user actually did submit the email, or if they cancelled (never hit Send in the email client  (Outlook in our case)).  Anyone know of a way?  The logic seems to go into PostSubmit regardless if the user actually sent it or not.

4 Replies

Level 10

Once the email is handed off to the email client there is no way to know what has happened.

Level 1

Thanks Jono, and is it your experience that the PostSubmit will always fire? (even when user cancels the email)  becuase it has no way of knowing if there truly was a submit or not?

Level 10

I've never used postSubmit as all my forms are targetting Reader/Acrobat v8.

But I imagine it would fire no matter what as it is post submission. I think the only way you'd be able to catch it is if the user hits cancel in Acrobat before it gets to the email client.

I've found email submission to be a real kludge as it doesn't always work. We're working at getting to http submission in the near-ish future which will help things a lot.

Level 1

Yes, agreed. One of the requriements is that this work in a disconnected state (sales reps out in the field), and the data get sent when they do connect...thanks for your advice.