11 Replies Latest reply: Jun 30, 2012 3:42 PM by chomachomachoma RSS

Screen Flicker on Preview and Source Monitors

chomachomachoma

I have recently built a new PC and am now experiencing an odd problem with my new setup. I am getting a very fast flicker on my preview and source monitors when playing video. Audio is unaffected. The video in the monitors just flickers on playback. Video still exports fine without the flicker.

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with any software or project settings since I experience the issue with old projects that I created on my previous setup (which ran fine). I've also experienced the problem in both CS5.5 and the trial of CS6.

My guess is that it's a hardware issue. I'm using the onboard graphics and I think it's just not cutting it. However, I'd like hear back from some others that may have experienced this or know what the problem could indeed be before I spend a few hundred bucks on a good video card. I also know my PSU is pretty weak at only 400W, but I would really doubt that's causing the problem as it's seemed to be sufficient thus far.

Here's my setup. Everything should be sufficient to run but let me know if you see any issues.

Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit, Service Pack 1)

Processor:Intel i7-2700K @ 3.5GHz
      Mobo:Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
      RAM:8BG (6.4 dedicated to premiere)
      Power:400 W