7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2012 1:57 PM by kendallplant RSS

bulk convert to png

hotwheels222 Community Member

new user here. is there a method to bulk convert imager from jpg or similar to png?

TIA

• 1. Re: bulk convert to png
          Mylenium CommunityMVP

Sure. File --> Automation. Run an action as batch or pick a script like the image processor.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: bulk convert to png
            kendallplant Employee Hosts

Hi there - as Mylenium suggested, you can batch process your photos using an action. Because you're a new user, I put together a few screenshots...

Before you start, make sure your photos are in a single folder, and set up an empy destination folder somewhere. Open up your first photo and go to your Actions panel (if you can't see it, go to Windows > Actions). Press the new action button, as shown below.

1.jpg

In the dialogue box that pops up, name your new action and press Record.

2.jpg

Go to File > Save As > and select png as your file output. Don't change the file name. Press save, and then go back to your actions panel and press the stop button. Your action is now created.

3.jpg

Now go to File > Automate > Batch. You'll get a dialogue box like the one shown below.

4.jpg

Select your new action from the Action dropdown and set your source and destination folders. Press "OK" and the processing should start. Be patient - it might take a while. Hope this helps!

• 3. Re: bulk convert to png

oooh. thank you guys.

also a big thanks for the screenshots. uber helpful.

thanks!

• 4. Re: bulk convert to png

hi k!

can i please ask you to help me out with the File > Automate part? i am getting the pulldown to show me "convert to png" under action but it is greyed out. then i thought that maybe this has to do with not having any images open so i opened all my other images and then tried it and this script is still greyed out.

can you help me with what i am missing?

of course i feel like a whole new world of time-saving options is now open to me...

thanks!

• 5. Re: bulk convert to png

Did you hit the stop button in the Actions panel? If you're in the middle of recording the action that you're trying to automate, it'll grey out the option to Automate that action. You'll know if you're recording if the record icon is red.

• 6. Re: bulk convert to png

oh man.

thanks so much for helping me get this going...

awesome and thanks.

• 7. Re: bulk convert to png

You're very welcome Good luck!