What's your captivate version? All the above mentioned use cases have been addressed in Captivate 6 and how
1. Submit all - a new option which allows users go back and forth and also ensure they answer all the questions
2. New quiz scope which gives lot of flexibility to Captivate developer
Captivate Engineering team
I cannot remember if I already suggested to drag the Skip button under the Clear button and rename its text to 'Next' because that is its function while reviewing.
There is a stack order for the buttons on question slides. And the Clear button will not be visible during Review, so the Next button will then be available.
About stacking order and other question/score slide functionalities:
You did suggest that before, but I couldn't make it work. This time it did work. I discovered that the reason it didn't work the first time was that the Clear button and the Next button don't always have the same stacking order. It depends on the order that you click the check mark to display each of these buttons in the Properties panel.
Thanks for letting me know about the new features. In fact, I was going to convert my project to version 6, but when I tried opening one of the modules, the file size bloated to twice the original size. Perhaps it would publish at the same size as version 5.5. I haven't had time to try publishing from version 6 yet.
I'm not Jay, but he will not mind I think
The system variable cpCmndShowPlaybar can be changed. Default value is 1 and the playbar will show. To hide it:
- on first slide where you want to hide, choose the On Enter action in the Properties panel of the slide, normally it is set to Continue
- change it to Assign
- from the dropdown list choose cpCmndShowPlaybar
- next to With type 0; now the playbar is hidden when entering that slide
To show it again on a later slide, repeat this work flow, but change to the value 1 again.