• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Page Margins measured in "P"??? What?

Jun 30, 2012 Jun 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so I'm having a little trouble with Adobe InDesign. When deciding to create a new document (I need custom margins) it asks you what margins in the form of "P," which I have no idea what that it. I need it in inches. So how many P makes 1 inch?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2012 Jun 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "p" measurement unit is Picas. 6 picas equal 1 inch.

To change the measurement units in the current document, choose InDesign > Preferences > Units & Increments (Mac) or Edit > Preferences > Units & Increments (Windows).

To change the measurement units for all future documents, close out of all documents. The set the Units & Increments preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If in the margin field you simply type in "0.5in" or whatever size you'd like your margins in inches, it will immediately convert it to picas for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines