Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder 4.6 crashes on startup

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been using fb 4.6 premium for a while and everything works fine. Then 2 days ago it started crashing every time I tried to start it up, and it always crashes when the message "loading workbench" appears at the splash screen. The .log recorded the following:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2012-06-13 18:24:12.943

!MESSAGE Warnings while parsing the commands from the 'org.eclipse.ui.commands' and 'org.eclipse.ui.actionDefinitions' extension points.

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2012-06-13 18:24:12.943

!MESSAGE Commands should really have a category: plug-in='com.qnx.flashbuilder.multiplatform.qnx.ui', id='com.qnx.flashbuilder.multiplatform.qnx.ui.commands.OpenInfoCenter', categoryId='com.qnx.flashbuilder.multiplatform.qnx.ui.commands.category.help'

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2012-06-13 18:24:13.845

!MESSAGE System property http.nonProxyHosts has been set to local|*.local|169.254/16|*.169.254/16 by an external source. This value will be overwritten using the values from the preferences

Can anyone decipher what's going on and how to fix it? Thanks!

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 26, 2012 Jul 26, 2012

Please try below workaround:

Workaround:

1. Make sure you are connected to the internet.
  2. Launch a regular  CS6 product other than Acrobat or Flash Builder (for example: Photoshop, After Effects, Premier Pro, InDesign, Flash Professional, Illustrator, Dreamweaver.)
  3. Click on Help->Deactivate . 
  4. Deactivate the application. Quit application.
  5. Launch a regular  CS6 product other than Acrobat or Flash Builder (for example: Photoshop, After Effects, Premier Pro, InDesign, Flash Professional, Illustrator, Dre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell the OS FB installed on?

Have you tried Flash Builder pointing to a new wokspace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using OS X 10.7.4, and I've tried to change the workspace path by setting the SHOW_WORKSPACE_SELECTION_DIALOG to true in the org.eclipse.ui.ide.prefs file in order to select different workspace path, but fb still crashes.

I now suspect it has something to do with Apple's recent java update, as the same version fb on my MBP now also crashes on every startup. The crashes started to happen right after the update.

Any suggestions or workarounds? Is it possible to revert OSX's java to an earlier version?

Thanks!

Message was edited by: lawrencem49

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem on OSX 10.6.8.

Edited to add:

Tried to run program as admin

sudo Adobe\ Flash\ Builder\ 4.6.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ Flash\ Builder\ 4.6

And got the following to terminal:

org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration: The org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration bundle was activated before the state location was initialized.  Will retry after the state location is initialized.

org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration: Logback config file: /Flash Builder Projects/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration/logback.1.0.0.20110607-2117.xml

org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration: Initializing logback

org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration: eclipse.consoleLog=true

!SESSION 2012-06-15 13:34:41.791 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=I20100608-0911

java.version=1.6.0_33

java.vendor=Apple Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US

Framework arguments:  -keyring /Users/myusername/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

Command-line arguments:  -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86 -keyring /Users/myusername/.eclipse_keyring -consoleLog -showlocation

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2012-06-15 13:34:46.628

!MESSAGE Warnings while parsing the commands from the 'org.eclipse.ui.commands' and 'org.eclipse.ui.actionDefinitions' extension points.

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2012-06-15 13:34:46.628

!MESSAGE Commands should really have a category: plug-in='com.qnx.flashbuilder.multiplatform.qnx.ui', id='com.qnx.flashbuilder.multiplatform.qnx.ui.commands.OpenInfoCenter', categoryId='com.qnx.flashbuilder.multiplatform.qnx.ui.commands.category.help'

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2012-06-15 13:34:48.146

!MESSAGE System property http.nonProxyHosts has been set to local|*.local|169.254/16|*.169.254/16 by an external source. This value will be overwritten using the values from the preferences

Exception in thread "Thread-1" org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Invalid thread access

at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4282)

at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4197)

at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4168)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.error(Widget.java:774)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.dispose(Widget.java:661)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.closeWidget(Shell.java:611)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.windowWillClose(Shell.java:2261)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:5445)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.JNIBridge._takedown_splash(Native Method)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.JNIBridge.takeDownSplash(JNIBridge.java:167)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.takeDownSplash(Main.java:2050)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main$SplashHandler.run(Main.java:111)

Message was edited by: j@rkko Reinstalling with all preferences removed did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the SAME PROBLEM. I anyone got a solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a question to Adobe: Is the FB 4.6 which is included in CS6 MC a different one, than the one you can download as a trial version ? Because after removing my MC and only installing this Trial Version, it is working. Reinstalling the one included in the MC did not have any effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am getting this exact same error starting from cmd line.. Anyone have any solutions yet? :-(:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2012-06-20 10:08:10.634

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2012-06-20 10:08:10.634

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2012-06-20 10:08:11.818

Exception in thread "Thread-1" org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Invalid thread access

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your FB part of CS6 MasterCollection ????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still haven't solved this.. 2 whole days with no FB6..

Lion 10.7.4

Java SE 6  1.6.0_33-b03-424

Flash Builder 6 from CS6 MasterCollection (I had installed all the updates and preferences but then did a fresh install and no dice.. same result)

This started happening after I updated Java..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your FB is a part of CS, then uninstall the Flash Builder, and download a seperate FB installer from http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=flash_builder

Install it as a trial, if that makes a difference you can activate it with your CS serial key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fahad,

I'm having the same issue--Flash Builder gets to the Loading Workbench stage, then immediately exits. I'm running Mac OS 10.7.4 with FB part of CS6 Master Collection, and this began happening right after the Java update from Apple that happened on June 19.

I have tried the following:

• Uninstalled and reinstalled Flash Builder
  • Rolled back my Java JVM as far back as 1.6.0_31-b04-415, and set that version as the preferred version via Java Preferences.app
  • Installed JVM 1.7, and set it as the preferred version
  • Uninstalled FB, and installed the trial download instead of the version packaged with CS6

None of these things have worked. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fahad,

I uninstalled (removed preferences) and then installed as trial from the link and same result.. slightly more verbose message when starting from cmd line tho:

org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration: The org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration bundle was activated before the state location was initialized.  Will retry after the state location is initialized.

org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration: Logback config file: /Users/myuser/Documents/Adobe Flash Builder 4.6/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration/logback.1.0.0.20110607-2117.xml

org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration: Initializing logback

org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration: eclipse.consoleLog=true

!SESSION 2012-06-20 17:39:32.745 -----------------------------------------------

java.version=1.6.0_33

java.vendor=Apple Inc.

Framework arguments:  -keyring /Users/myuser/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

Command-line arguments:  -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86 -keyring /Users/myuser/.eclipse_keyring -consoleLog -showlocation

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2012-06-20 17:39:34.798

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2012-06-20 17:39:34.798

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2012-06-20 17:39:35.997

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fahad,

Uninstalled FB 4.6 from MC. Re-install FB 4.6 from direct download as trial. Still doesn't work. Here's the log:

java.version=1.6.0_33

java.vendor=Apple Inc.

Framework arguments:  -keyring /Users/lawrencem/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

Command-line arguments:  -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86 -keyring /Users/lawrencem/.eclipse_keyring -consoleLog -showlocation

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2012-06-21 12:36:37.451

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2012-06-21 12:36:37.451

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2012-06-21 12:36:39.189

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, it worked.

Uninstalled CS6 MC and removed all prefs, installed the Trial FB and then reinstalled MC WITHOUT FB and iOS Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2012 Jul 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I have MC CS6 and Adobe Flash builder quit starting 2 day ago. Uninstalling and re-installing did not work. OS X 10.7.4.

--rayne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2012 Jul 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is Adobe with a solution to this?! I simply don't have time to spend an hour every morning uninstalling and reinstalling Flash Builder. These are supposedly professional tools. Why the bloody hell do they run it like it's amateur hour?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Don't have time to uninstall all of CS6, have to keep working.. I guess I'll have to switch to the free version of FDT or IntelliJ until this is sorted out??

Anyone figured this out yet? 3 days of no FB6 and counting.. damn..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2012 Jul 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the same problem. I am trying everything since 2 days, but without any success.

Uninstalling and reinstalling from the website as trial, to a different location, didn't help, too.

Flash Builder 4.6 still quits after showing the splash.

SYSTEM.LOG

Jul 23 10:14:29 mario [0x0-0x30030].org.eclipse.eclipse[583]:     at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4282)

Jul 23 10:14:29 mario [0x0-0x30030].org.eclipse.eclipse[583]:     at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4197)

Jul 23 10:14:29 mario [0x0-0x30030].org.eclipse.eclipse[583]:     at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4168)

Jul 23 10:14:29 mario [0x0-0x30030].org.eclipse.eclipse[583]:     at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.error(Widget.java:774)

Jul 23 10:14:29 mario [0x0-0x30030].org.eclipse.eclipse[583]:     at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.dispose(Widget.java:661)

Jul 23 10:14:29 mario [0x0-0x30030].org.eclipse.eclipse[583]:     at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.closeWidget(Shell.java:611)

Jul 23 10:14:29 mario [0x0-0x30030].org.eclipse.eclipse[583]:     at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.windowWillClose(Shell.java:2261)

Jul 23 10:14:29 mario [0x0-0x30030].org.eclipse.eclipse[583]:     at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:5445)

Jul 23 10:14:29 mario [0x0-0x30030].org.eclipse.eclipse[583]:     at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.JNIBridge._takedown_splash(Native Method)

Jul 23 10:14:29 mario [0x0-0x30030].org.eclipse.eclipse[583]:     at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.JNIBridge.takeDownSplash(JNIBridge.java:167)

Jul 23 10:14:29 mario [0x0-0x30030].org.eclipse.eclipse[583]:     at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.takeDownSplash(Main.java:2050)

Jul 23 10:14:29 mario [0x0-0x30030].org.eclipse.eclipse[583]:     at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main$SplashHandler.run(Main.java:111)

I am losing a lot of time. Even worse, I can't continue to work on important projects.

System:

OS X 10.7.4

Adobe Master Collection CS6

Flash Builder 4.6 (dead now)

It startet out of the blue. I did not install any updates. Flash Builder just stopped working one day.

There is only one thing that I can imagine that may have had an impact. I made a backup with Time Machine. That day the problem occured. Anyone with a similar situation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After several restarts, installing and uninstalling trial from website and FB from CS6 … finally:

FB 4.6 works as expected.

I have no clue why, but I'm just happy to be able to work again.

Good luck to the rest of you (nerved users)!

@Adobe: Please, fix it! Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I uninstall and reinstall (takes just over an hour) it will run again but only once. If I close the program I will have to reinstall it before it will run again.

I just spent over and hour and a half on the phone with adobe technical support. They offer no solutions and tell me I must pay for a technical support contract before they will discuss it with me any further.

This is an outrage. SImply paying for the software should be enough for it to work. Given the number of people across the net complaining about this exact same thing it is obviously a problem with FB.

So how about it Adobe when will you fix this obvious bug? Why should there be one price for the software, and a second price for it to actually work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 24, 2012 Jul 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darth,rayne

Please provide us the amt3.log file and oobelib.log file. They are in /tmp folder. If you couldnot attach here, please mail me at mchoudhaATadobeDOTcom

-Mugdha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 25, 2012 Jul 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am posting script for collecting OOBE specific log on mac below.

#!/bin/bash

#################################################################

echo "OOBE Logs will be collected in OOBELogs folder created on Desktop"

cd ~/Desktop/

mkdir OOBELogs

cd OOBELogs

mkdir Logs

cd logs

cp /tmp/oobelib.log oobelib.log

cp /tmp/swtag.log swtag.log

cp /tmp/amt3.log amt3.log

cp /tmp/aul.log aul.log

cp /tmp/OOBE.log OOBE.log

cp /library/logs/Adobe/Installers/*.* .

cp -r ~/Library/Logs/PDApp.log PDApp.log

cd ..

cp -r "/library/Application Support/Adobe/adobe pcd/" ./PCD/

cp -r "/library/Application Support/Adobe/caps/" ./CAPS

cp -r "/library/Application Support/Adobe/PCF/" ./PCF

cp -r "/library/Application Support/Adobe/SLCache/" ./SLCache

cp -r ~/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater/ ./AAMUpdater/

system_profiler >SystemInformation.txt

cd ../

tar -cvf OOBELogs.tgz OOBELogs

/Users/labuser/Library/Logs

Please follow below mentioned steps to use it

1. Open the terminal and change the working directory to Desktop using 'cd' command

2. Then enter vi logcollector.command on terminal.

3. Copy and paste the above written script. Further press Esc key  then :wq for saving and quitting.

4. logcollector.command will be created on the desktop. Please run it.  "OOBELogs" folder will be created on desktop. It contains all the logs.

Please attach those logs here in forum or mail me  at mchoudhaATadobeDOTcom after compressing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at the known issues of Flash Builder on Mac

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/known-issues-mac-os-10.html

As mentioned there, have you tried it by installing 32 bit JVM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 32 bit and 64 bit JVM installed..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines