Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preventing FB from creating "shadow" Class files

Guide ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all;

I have pointed Flash Builder at a Flash xfl file to create a Flash Pro Project.

my workspace is at

leda/SCG

the xfl is at

leda/SCG/VJTPlatform3/Core/PlatformTest/PlatformTest.xfl

For some reason, Flash Builder has created a directory at leda/SCG/PlatformTest which it is calling bin-debug. That wouldn't be such an issue, but what is happening is that it is creating a copy there, so every error or warning has two copies. 

If I double-click an error, I may get a file I can edit (well, I can edit either, but only one of them will have an actual effect), or I may get the "shadow" version. In addition, when I am running the program in debug mode and want to stop and fix a problem I see, I can't just do it right from the file I am stepping through, since this is always the "shadow" version.

I can fix this for a few minutes by going into the build path and setting the output folder to the same directory I am working in, but it always comes back when I am not looking. I don't understand why FB has to create these files. When I work on a Flex project, it does not dump the as files to the bin-debug directory. Is this happening because I am working on a Flash Pro project, or is there some other difference I am not seeing? More importantly, how do I fix it?

Regards;

Amy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Unfortunately, none of the help I received here was very useful. However, I did eventually find the answer to this on my own. Possibly this can help someone else who had this problem:

http://flexdiary.blogspot.com/2012/07/when-good-flash-builderflash-pro.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, none of the help I received here was very useful. However, I did eventually find the answer to this on my own. Possibly this can help someone else who had this problem:

http://flexdiary.blogspot.com/2012/07/when-good-flash-builderflash-pro.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines