• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there an easy way to paste content (e.g., from Word) without bringing over the formatting?

Participant ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you can always open NotePad and past your content there, than copy and paste from Notepad into RH, but that is not a very handy or efficient method. It would be nice if RH had some Paste options (like in Word) so you had the choice to paste non-formatted text into a topic.

One of the reasons I am asking this question is that I have encountered a RH bug (that I am in the midst of documenting) where when you past some content from another source (e.g., Word), and you want to apply an existing RH style to it, RH will (sometimes) generate spurious "local" formatting on top of the style that you choose, thereby (in effect) overriding the desired appearance of your text. It also affects other things in your topic file (in the html code), but I need more time to figure this all out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Hi there

If you are able to install software on your own PC, you can try using a small freeware utility called PureText.

http://www.stevemiller.net/puretext/

Even though PureText exists, I'd strongly recommend you file a bug with Adobe to advise you dislike the existing behavior.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If you are able to install software on your own PC, you can try using a small freeware utility called PureText.

http://www.stevemiller.net/puretext/

Even though PureText exists, I'd strongly recommend you file a bug with Adobe to advise you dislike the existing behavior.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 03, 2012 Jul 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tip Rick.

Actually, I found what the issue is regarding the text formatting problem that motivated me for this posting, and it turns out not it’s so much of a RH bug but a workflow gaffe done by myself (unfortunately).

Evidently, I imported an html topic file from an output folder of another RH project into the help project I am currently working on. A RH output html file contains unique Java scripting that is used to render the topic properly in a browser, but that same Java Script causes havoc when you open it up in as a source file in another RH Project. On top of that, I copied and pasted content from my “infected” topic to many other topics in my project, and as a result, it has caused numerous weird things when I went to publish and view my files (but, surprisingly, you don’t really see them in the RH Design WYSIWYG view). The havoc it creates is manifold, but one of the symptoms I found was that it imposes spurious class tags on top of the normal style sheets you apply to text, which messes up the rendering in your output.

My thanks to an earlier posting on this same subject http://forums.adobe.com/message/4372655#4372655

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp