Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug found in the installer

Jul 03, 2012 Jul 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Sorry for the screen name--the system kept sending me back to the screen name field after successfully entering it but then the name would be unavailable.)

I was rebuiding a friend's machine.  I attempted to install the player while I had another unrelated program installing.  The installer didn't like this and aborted--but it deleted the installer in the process.  You shouldn't kill the installer when it ends with a retry-it-later fail!

Then to compound the aggravation I couldn't even download a new copy because your homepage blows up IE6.

Of course this will only victimize those of us with the knowledge to work around it but that's no justification for this sort of behavior.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You could report a bug in Adobe bugbase. The following document has more details: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/report-flash-player-crash.html#main_1__Add_a_bug_in_the_Adobe...

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is unfortunately what that AIH (installer helper) application does; it deletes itself from the download location.  And it does a number of other unfortunate things too...

You can download the offline installer(s) from http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.ht...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines