• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Generic Error" during .M2T import on Premiere Pro CS6

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed Creative Suite 6 and am having a problem importing any Canon .M2T files. I get an "File Import Failure" dialogue with the very unhelpful message"The importer reported a generic error". I tried importing the same files into After Effects CS6 and got a message that "the file type is corrupted or unsupported". The same files import without any problems into Premiere Pro CS5 (but I get the same corrupted/unsupported message from After Effects CS5). Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your sequence presets.  Are they all available, or are a lot of them missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't seem to have all the presets in Premiere CS6 that I have in Premiere CS5 (including a number of Canon ones).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't seem to have all the presets

OK.  Deactivate PP, close it.  Restart the computer, restart PP and reactivate it.  See if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2012 Jul 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem in CS6. But this problem doesn't appear in Adobe Premiere Pro CS4. So I have to use CS4 again .

But, according to Adobe it should support m2t video format. It says here:

http://www.adobe.com/go/premiere_captureedit_cs6/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines