• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat will not open any documents, HELP! Thank you!

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2012 Jul 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat will not open any documents, it tells me it is a trial, I click on license product and get a thank you for your Adobe Cloud subscription... but then when I try to open a pdf I get the same message it just keeps looping from trial will run out in 7 days to trial will run out in 13 days and I can never open a pdf. I am going to try and uninstall and reinstall. For most of us, not being able to open a pdf is comparable to not being able to work. This is totally UNacceptable. Clients and bosses are counting on my being able to do my job, I can't say to them, "Oh well the dog "Adobe" ate my homework." PLEASE fix this Adobe! Thank you.

Here is a screen shot of the messages...

AcrobatErrorCloudMessageIntalled.jpg

I  uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled from Adobe Application Manager, thought all was great when it asked for my user name and password, then when I clicked Launch... same issue. FRUSTRATING! Any one have a fix? I even created a pdf using InDesign, made sure I had View PDF after exporting checked and still got that awful Trial box. The pdf did show up in my documents, but I can not open it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 08, 2012 Jul 08, 2012

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4496723

Check the above link , try the steps it may help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gigi C I would recommend you try removing Adobe Acrobat and then reinstall utilizing the Adobe Application Manager.  You will want to remove Acrobat using the Program and Features control panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff, but I am pretty sure that is how I uninstalled it the first time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AcrobatErrorCloudMessage_InstallationComplete.jpg

This is how I launched it. Thank you for taking time to check it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone has an answer, I would really really appreciate it! Have uninstalled through Programs and Features just as suggested and reinstalled through Adobe Application Manager several times. Still can not open a PDF. I have not found any work around, except to use another computer that has CS5.5 installed, but this is the computer that I need to use and this is the computer that I paid for the CS6 Suite (I deleted CS5.5 when I upgraded to CS6). Customer Support says they are available 24/7 yet there is no technical support on the weekends and suggested to use the forums... In looking at other forum threads I see this is a fairly common issue with CS6 but not many answers. Please Adobe this is seriously affecting my ability to work.

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4496723

Check the above link , try the steps it may help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Manish-Sharma, I followed the instruction in the thread, and for the first time in a week I can actually open a PDF. I am not sure if this will be a permanant fix, we will see on the 30 day mark. I really appreciate that you read my question and gave me an answer that allowed me to open Acrobat. I also opened Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and AfterEffects. They all opened with the exception of a small glitch when I opened Illustrator which was cleared up in moments. See screetshot.

AcrobatErrorCausingIllustratorProblem.jpg

Thank you again! Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For you Illustrator error ,

Right click on the Adobe "Illustartor.exe" file then select "Run as administrator"

your problem will be solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines