Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sortable table rows in RH9 output

Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Peter Grainge's site, I found a javascript method for producing sortable table rows by clicking column headers but cannot get it to work. One problem appears to be that when I modify the HTML as specified, RoboHelp subsequently removes the <thead> tag and apparently some of the other manually added HTML as well.

When I run "preview topic" I get a table that lets me sort on any column, but only ony way; that is, z to a but not a to z.

Is there something about RH9 that requires a new javascript to enable this customisation?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that was added to my site in RoboHelp 7 days. I will retest it in RoboHelp 9 but it will likely be a few days before I can do so.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The page on my site does mention that the methods have not been tested for RoboHelp 8 and above. It occurs to me that you may have tried the method using a table added by using Insert > Table. Try with a table added using the Insert Table icon. That inserts tables in the same way as RoboHelp 7 and below.

Post back if that still fails. Also add which of the two methods on my site that you are using.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2012 Jul 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Last fudgment

Did you try the alternative method I suggested?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter,

Not yet -- will let you know when I get a chance to try it

Michael West | Business Improvement | Aurecon

Ph: +61 3 8683 1996

Email: Mike.West@ap.aurecongroup.com<mailto:Mike.West@ap.aurecongroup.com>

PO Box 321, South Melbourne | VIC 3205 | Australia

http://www.aurecongroup.com

http://www.aurecongroup.com/apac/groupentity/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp