Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 9 for Word Won't Open RH 8 for Word Project

Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have uninstalled, reinstalled, and applied patch 9.0.2 multiple times with the same result: RoboHelp 9 for Word's Tools/Options refuses to list Word 2010 in the default word version. Upon attemtping to open an RH 8 for Word help project, I receive the following error message:

Compile error in hidden module: AutoOpen

Clicking the "Help" button does no good. The error message being displayed is a Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications error message. I have checked the Roaming/Microsoft/Templates directory and have both Normal.dot and Normal.dotm; I have all the RoboHelp .dot files but I have no .dotx files anywhere and I'm not even sure if they're needed.

I am able to open, modify, and save the RH 8 for Word project in RH 9 for HTML, but changing the document to an HTML file is not an option. (By the way, I was using Word 2003 for the RH 8 for Word projects.)

I have followed all the tips and checkpoints as discussed on the Adobe help for RoboHelp forum but nothing has made a difference.

I'm really desparate at this point because we're releasing an update to our software project and my RH 8 for Word document just won't open without these errors in RH9 for Word.

I need help or I need different help authoring software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2012 Jul 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you resolve this?

I no longer use RoboHelp for Word but one thing did occur to me. Unlike RoboHelp HTML, you can only have one version of RoboHelp for Word installed. Did you uninstall 8 or just install 9?

I don't know for sure that would cause problems but it's all I can think of.

If still stuck, I would regard it as an installation problem which gets free support.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp