• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Contents, Glossary, and CSS missing from WebHelp output

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 9 on Windows 7 64-bit. The help project is stored on my hard drive.

This was a RH8 project. I converted it the first time I opened it in RH9. I don't know if this matters, but there's a lot of conditional text in the help that's used to describe several of our products. Consequently, there is a different WebHelp output for each of those products.

Now that I've made the changes I need to, I'm having trouble with the look of the compiled WebHelp output. I see two issues (that may or may not be related to each other):

• The style sheet is not being followed. However, the proper CSS has been applied to every topic. I don't know what else to check on this.
  • The custom skin is not working correctly. The custom buttons for the Search and Print buttons do show up in the output, but I'm missing my Contents and Glossary buttons. When I view/edit the custom skin in RH, the buttons are all there and everything looks fine. However, when I compile the help, somehow the Contents and Glossary buttons are being removed.

These problems are not present in the old RH8 help. So, something must have happened in the conversion to RH9.

I've checked everything I can think of. Any ideas on what else could I check?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried more than one browser?

On the second point, if you create custom buttons, you have to enable them in the dialogs that appear when you generate.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Peter.

Regarding the first point (CSS not being followed), system requirements for this app are IE only, so , no, I did not try any other browser.

Regarding the second point (custom skin not working), I've checked the skin and the buttons have all been enabled and the correct images have been selected. However, I've been doing some more digging and have noticed something odd that I think has something to do wtih this. When I'm generating the WebHelp, on the Navigation tab of the WebHelp Settings dialog box, in the Toolbar Buttons section, I only see Search and Print (those are the only two buttons that are showing up in the output). In the old help, I see Contents, Search, Glossary, and Print in this section. What populates this section? It seems that's where the trouble is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure the skin is selected in the webhelp dialog?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

I don't blame you for asking! This is so baffling. Everything looks like it's set up perfectly, but something is still off. I did rename the skins and CSS. Could that have something to do with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you rename, was it within Rh?

Try deleting the CPD and reopening the project. I doubt that will work but has to be tried.

Somewhere the new names are not getting picked up. Check again the skin name in Project Manager and the layout. Try creating a new layout, not a duplicate.

Let us know how that goes.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter, we must be on the same wavelength!

To answer your questions... yes, I did rename the files within RH. But, I noticed that the project folders for the skins did not get renamed even though the skins within those folders had new names. Also, a few days ago, I tried deleting the CPD and reopening the project. It didn't work (just as you suspected).

Before I left yesterday, I tried deleting the skins and the layouts. Then, I recreated them. That did it. Everything is now working as it should. I don't know why the new names were not getting picked up, because it looked like they were. I'm just glad I have a working project again.

Thanks for all your help!

Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp