• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11.3 r300 is literally killing my laptop

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes when I'm watching videos on YouTube or other websites which require flash player I can't have more than 2-3 tabs open before my laptop goes nuts.

The fan starts running really loud and crazy, my laptop gets really warm and when I open the task bar, the CPU memory usage is at like 90% or higher and the file Adobe Flash Player 11.3 r300 (it's version 262 I believe) has 50 or higher under the "CPU".

This program is literally killing my laptop and I'm really afraid that my laptop will break down and I really don't want that to happen.

My laptop used to work fine but ever since a couple of months ago it has been harder and harder for it to keep up with flash programs. Now I can't even view news sites with flash banners at the side because it uses too much CPU memory.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem a few years back, running an old Windows XP-based PC operating with (don't laugh) 250 mb of memory.  After I upgraded the memory to 500 mb, and blew six years worth of dust from the insides of the case, the problems with the fan went away.  The CPU usage still spiked up to about 70% when watching some youtube videos, but normally ranged around 25-40%.

In order to get help, you'll probably have to put down some specs, including:

The brand of laptop you're using/how old it is.

The operating system--windows xp/windows seven/whatever.

The amount of RAM you have installed.  (In that way, the techs can see if it meet's the basic system requirements for the newer versions of Flash Player.)

What browser you're using--Firefox/IE/etc.

The complete version number of flash player you're using.

HTH,

Ortho_Fan

(not a techie)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Sony VAIO laptop, it's a little less than 2 years old.

I'm running on Windows 7, and I use Firefox 13.0.1

I'm using Shockwave Flash 11.3.300.262 (Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU

M 350 @ 2.27GHz (4CPUs), ~2.3GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That really should not happen with your specs, especially the heating.  Maybe Ortho_fan's suggestion regarding dust may be worth checking?

Also, chech your temperatures and fan speed using SpeedFan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm starting to feel the same way. Rolled all the way back to 10.3 and still getting jerky/lagging visual that i never had before the latest updates.. I think Adobe has officially killed flash technology. I don't even remember the days when i could watch a video in peace without frame rate/crashing issues...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines