Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker 10 and reference drawings stored in sharepoint repository

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is the first time I am trying framemaker since I am currently evaluating framemaker 10 for a client (specifically the sharepoint integration). They would like to store all their drawings in a single location in sharepoint and would like to have them referenced in a document from within sharepoint. So basically whenever someone creates a new document and wants to import one of the drawings, they would want to go to the sharepoint repository where the drawing is stored and import it by reference. I tried this and it imports fine. But say i save the document and try to upload it into sharepoint, only my "X.fm" file is uploaded and i get a dialog which says upload failed. Opening the uploaded "X.fm" file in framemaker renders the drawing gray. Has anyone tried such a scenario or faced a similar situation? Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
CMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating the CMS connection within Framemaker 10 and edit check out and edit and check in the file and see if the changes are replicated in SP.

You can create SP connection from Framemaker Itself.

Harpreet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The scenario that i mentioned above is when i connect to sharepoint from within framemaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how you can work on a file locally and access other related files that are not checked out. In my experience, you need to start with all the files in a local directory, update the docs, import the drawings by reference, and then check all of that into SharePoint. Then the next time you check out the main file, make sure the setting to check out associated or related files (not sure exactly what it is) is selected; the drawings will be checked out along with the book or file. And when you check the book or file back in, everything will be checked in at once. This works very well for us. This way when someone is working on the file, no one can just update the drawings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Suzy2001. My issue now seems to be fixed though i think it was my understanding coupled with a few other problems with our library that caused the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines