• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do the touch applications count in regards to my activations.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2012 Jul 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We currently run 2 Imacs using Creative Suite 5.5 at the same time. (1 licence on 2 macs) and have done so with CS4 and CS5 and now CS5.5.

We want to keep that licence going as is and are contemplating subscribing to another licence for Creative Cloud. So with this new licence agreement will it allow me to run on the 1 licence:  2 x macbookpros and 1 x Ipad only at the same time?? or can I use 2 x Ipads??

regards

Rod

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are upgrading your 5.5 to creative cloud and take the discount, then the answer would be no, as the license is being transferred to creative cloud. on the other hand, if you purchase creative cloud outright, at $50 per month, then you can keep your current installs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah want to keep the current 5.5 on 2 imacs as is. It works fine for all the typesetting those machines and operators do.

I want to use the 2 macbookpros we have here for creative clouds software. (buy a new licence via subscription) which we will purchase.

With that new licence can I run 2 work stations on the one licence??? like I do with cs5.5.

Can I run an Ipad on each macbookpro or only one Ipad on the one licence??

regards

Rod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is my understanding that you still get two seats for each creative cloud subscription.  You can install on as many computeres as you like. However only two activations at once. If you want to use on a third machine, you have to first deactive one of the previous machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that info. I thought that was the case as we do this with 5.5 subscription.

But what effect does an Ipad have on the subscription for Creative Cloud. I can use the two seats as you say for 1 subscription, so I'm running say two imacs, can I use 1 Ipad per seat or only 1 Ipad per subscription??

regards

Rod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is my understanding that per seat  means two machines, so you should be able to run to ipads as well on the second subscription. However when you say 5.5 subscription, do you mean 5.5 license? I'm not aware of any cloud subscription for the older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our 5.5 CS Standard monthly Subscription was converted by Adobe a couple of months ago automatically without our knowledge to Creative Cloud. We just run the 5.5 subscription as we did last year and works fine. We are just about to start using/download the CS6 software and it looks there is heaps of it to choose from, but we probably only use photoshop, Illustrator and indesign. The price dropped too (1st year only) so I was thinking we need to get software for the newer Macbookpros, one in Admin and one for me to keep up to speed with Adobe products. so we will have two subscription services ie 2 licences giving us 4 seats and capablity to run 4 Ipads I hope.

Anyway a side note is I ordered an Ipad on Tuesday with engraving etc. from here in Tasmania Australia, it was built in China and shipped same day from China. I just noticed on the shipping tracking its on a delivery truck in my city for delivery today Friday

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cool, enjoy the pad.

oh, so your 5.5 is creative cloud? then you're best bet is to download cs6 on that account, then get another adobe id and another creative cloud license for the ipad's, that way you have 4 seats

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We haven't downloaded the cs6 to upgrade 5.5 because of workload, but now its easing a bit we can do this, plus there is always a learning curve or software issue or font issue or something out of left field everytime we do an upgrade with Adobe.

If I get another Id as you say that will give me 4 seats which I understand.

Will those 4 seats be able to use Ipads as well

Or with 2 Id's do I use only 2 Ipads??

regards

rod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just to be clear, it's 2 seats or activations now as they call it, per subscription. an ipad would be considered a machine. so two ipads = two activations.

virtually no difference between 5.5 v 6 in terms of workflow. just some new features that you could start integrating once you know of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks, I getting now.

We'll just run the two Imacs on the one subscription at cs6 creative cloud as we do now.

Then I'll get a new Id/subscription and use this one macbookpro and one Ipad thus giving me 4 seats

I think that's right.

regards

Rod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I was able to branch this discussion away from the larger discussion regarding how many activations you receive with your Creative Cloud membership.  Soundvisionguy has been mostly correct but I did want to provide an update on the touch applications for use with the iPad.  The touch applications are included as part of the Creative Cloud.  Please see the following:

Customers who sign up for an annual membership to Creative Cloud or who buy a 12-month prepaid card at a retailer or online store will be eligible for a free month of Creative Cloud when they purchase and sign in from three qualifying Adobe Touch Apps from Google Play or the Apple App Store. This includes Adobe Collage, Adobe Debut, Adobe Ideas, Adobe Kuler, Photoshop Touch, and Adobe Proto.

Customers who purchase an annual membership directly from Adobe and qualify for this offer will not be charged for the month of service following sign-in from their third Adobe Touch App. 

Customers who purchase a 12-month prepaid card from a retailer or online store and qualify for this offer will have one month added to the duration of their membership.

Creative Cloud members will be notified about their free month within 60 days of signing in to their third qualifying Adobe Touch App

This information can be found in http://www.adobe.com/products/touchapps/faq.html.

Also the Touch Applications do not count towards your licenses for using Creative Cloud.  You are still able to use the Creative Cloud on any two computers whether it be Mac or Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so there is no limit to the number of Ipads we could use for the Touch Applications. i.e if we had 2 subscriptions and these each can use 2 workstations giving us 4 workstations in total then we could use 4 ipads or more. Is that right??  As for how and different ways to purchase creative cloud I'm now lost.

regards

Rod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will Apple puts a limit by Apple ID.  I believe their current limit on the amount of devices which can have an app installed per Apple ID is 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok that helps, thanks Jeff. I've got a number to ring for the second Id subscription etc and the sales people will help as usual with the second subscription.

regards

Rod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2012 Oct 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just read through this thread. Licensing for upgrades in relation to Creative Cloud is similiar as upgrades for other products. You still own the prior version and can still use it, however, you must it on the same two computers the the product you are upgrading from and you can't sell the previous version (version you are upgrading from).

Also, you can't run standard desktop products on an iPad, only apps that were designed to run on the tablet like the touch apps. The number of apps that can run the touch apps is different than desktop apps, like Jeff describes, this is a limit set by Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines