• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when installing Dreamweaver CS6 from Master Collection on Mac OS 10.7.1 or 10.6.8

Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Full error log at <http://pastebin.com/r208XaqY>

Short error message below

Exit Code: 6

Please see specific errors and warnings below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: DF027, DW063 ... WARNING: DW065 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 4 error(s), 1 warning(s)

WARNING: DW065: Display requirements not met for {8ACD4814-788B-11E1-AC70-A860A781E0D9} Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 12.0.0.0

----------- Payload: {8ACD4814-788B-11E1-AC70-A860A781E0D9} Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 12.0.0.0 -----------

ERROR: DF027: Unable to copy file from "/private/tmp/.tempdirarpAhfff/Assets1/Adobe Dreamweaver CS6.app/Contents/Resources/SharedImages/904.png" to "/Applications/ThirdParty/Adobe Dreamweaver CS6/Adobe Dreamweaver CS6.app/Contents/Resources/SharedImages/904.png" (Seq 1746)

ERROR: DW063: Command ARKCopyFileCommand failed.(Seq 1746)

ERROR: DW050: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe Dreamweaver CS6_AdobeDreamweaver12en_USLanguagePack: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe Dreamweaver CS6: Failed due to Language Pack installation failure

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------

I have tried installing both from a standard account and from an admin account. The same error occurs each time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jul 08, 2012 Jul 08, 2012

Hi Michael,

The final issue I mentioned is not with the installation but with the first launch.

My solution was to:

1. Open System Preferences at the Accounts pane
  2. Click on the Lock icon in order to make changes, and enter an admin user name and password.
  3. Select the standard user account that is to use Dreamweaver
  4. Check the Allow User To Administer This Computer checkbox
  5. Reboot the computer
  6. Launch Dreamweaver from the user's account (now with admin privileges)
  7. Dreamweaver does whatever it is that it needs a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked in the root user account ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 07, 2012 Jul 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the standalone installer for DW CS6, and used my Master Collection serial number to authorize it. Dreamweaver is now installed but it fails to run if it is not run from an account with Admin privileges.

When first launched after rebooting my MacBook, it bounces in the dock for a few minutes, and then vanishes with no warning. Attempting to launch it a second time leads to the icon zooming out, as if it were about to launch, followed by nothing. No bouncing in the dock, no alerts, nothing.

You can find here a screenshot showing the System Requirements for Dreamweaver, plus evidence that my MacBook conforms to these requirements.

It runs from an account with Admin rights, but not from a standard account. Always running from an account with admin privileges is not an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2012 Jul 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three options.

Option 1 use the cs cleaner tool:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Then try to re-install.

Option 2

Create a new admin user and try installing from that

Option 3

Try installing as the root user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 08, 2012 Jul 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Michael,

The final issue I mentioned is not with the installation but with the first launch.

My solution was to:

1. Open System Preferences at the Accounts pane
  2. Click on the Lock icon in order to make changes, and enter an admin user name and password.
  3. Select the standard user account that is to use Dreamweaver
  4. Check the Allow User To Administer This Computer checkbox
  5. Reboot the computer
  6. Launch Dreamweaver from the user's account (now with admin privileges)
  7. Dreamweaver does whatever it is that it needs admin privileges for
  8. Repeat steps 1 to 3
  9. Uncheck the Allow User To Administer This Computer checkbox, so that the user goes back to a standard account
  10. Reboot the computer
  11. Dreamweaver will now launch happily from the chosen user's standard account.

I imagine that it would not take a whole morning to fix Dreamweaver CS6 so that it throws up a "Please give me temporary Admin privileges" dialog on first launch. It might also not take that much longer to do whatever it is that it has to do on first launch in a folder where admin privileges are not required.

This would save hours of frustration on the part each of the thousands of end users who are likely to encounter these symptoms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines