• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Form Output to web app?

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to wrap my designer brain around the web app functionality of business catalyst so I have a couple questions.  1) I have a form called Become a Dealer. I want companies that wish to become a dealer of a product to fill out a web form. I then need the web form data to automatically feed a web app. Is this possible?  2) How do I have a web app output data to an XML file and a formatted block?   Example: dealer fills out form: form data is collected: dealer is approved: dealer data auto populates to See a List of Our Dealers page.   Thanks.

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Hello,

To become a dealer you can have the users fill out the Customer Submitted Web App Form.

(There is a way to do this so the users do not have to be signed in, I'm trying to find the tutorial for that, but with all the adobe moving around it is lost to me. I will link when I find it.)

Then you can set the user submitted web app items to need approval, attached to a workflow. And when approved the dealer is added to the list of dealers on your Dealers Page.

Hope that makes sense. Until I can fin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

To become a dealer you can have the users fill out the Customer Submitted Web App Form.

(There is a way to do this so the users do not have to be signed in, I'm trying to find the tutorial for that, but with all the adobe moving around it is lost to me. I will link when I find it.)

Then you can set the user submitted web app items to need approval, attached to a workflow. And when approved the dealer is added to the list of dealers on your Dealers Page.

Hope that makes sense. Until I can find that documentation on submitting a web app without needing to sign in, you will have to get your dealers to sign up for a secure zone so they can submit a web app item. This is the only way I know how to do something like this. And I don't think there is a way to output all the web app data in an XML file. I may be wrong on that one, but pretty sure.

Hope this helps,

Chad Smith | http://bcgurus.com/Business-Catalyst-Templates for only $7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the tutorial I spoke of, allows you to have users submit a web app item without having them sign up for a secure zone.

http://kb.worldsecuresystems.com/853/cpsid_85381.html

Hope this helps,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks so much Chad. This helps a great deal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to figure this out. Everything is there. It SHOULD be working... maybe I am just missing something. When I fill out the form on the front end a message box pops up saying "Form Submission in Progress" with an OK button. But nothing ever comes through on the back-end... that I can find anyway.  Anyone with any suggestions or similar problems doing this?   Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we get the "Form Submission in Progress" message, re-inserting the form normaly fixes that.

Are you editing the form in any way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I re-inserted the form and made sure everything was the way it was supposed to be, and the form works.   One more question. There are two items on my form that I did not put in it. Item Name (which is required) and item description. How do I properly remove those fields without breaking the form. These two items do not appear under Customize Web App Layout.  Thanks for all your help Chad, it is much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Item name is required, you cannot have web app items without names. I would use the item name as an actual field in your form, say for email address or something you are already using. The description should be able to be removed with no errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines