• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An error occurred opening file. Flash can not parse this document”.

Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flash error.pngI working on a keyframe animation for a client.  It was working until the recent flash player patch. Now the file is corrupt and not working.  I have four back up files on two different hard drives, still no luck.  I can't afford to keep recreating files when it should be probably saving in the first place. Is there way to recover the files properly? This devastating I really need some help.  Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Hi,

This issue is due to an incorrect addition of empty frame(s) to one or many of the library assets cause the XML structure to be corrupt and hence the error. To overcome this issue, please update your Flash CS5 to the latest available Flash CS5 build.

1. Launch Flash.

2. Go to Help menu > Updates...

3. Make sure the check box for Adobe Flash Pro CS5 is checked in the Adobe Application Manager dialog.

4. Click Update. You will probably be asked to quit Flash while the Updater is running.

After a suc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the path is too long, change it

Or copy your file, then change the extention from fla to zip and try repair the file with a zip fixer software (winrar can do that)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2012 Jul 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave your tips a try.  Still no luck. Thanks though.flash error2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 08, 2012 Jul 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think that changing the file extension to .zip and/or using Winrar will fix a corrupt Flash file?

I've used WinZip and Winrar many times, including rebuilding with PARs, but I've alway had to either have at least a set of good pieces or PARs for the corrupt parts... and I've only used on files that were first achived in one or the other.

So you've actually been able to recover corrupted Flash files using this method?

Any documentation on this? or links where we could get more info on this specific topic... changing file file extensions and recoving corrupt files with Winzip?

Best wishes,

Adninjastrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read this in a forum and I have personally used to open files .fla damaged, the file is with some objects in the library damaged but can be opened.

This is logical, because the. Fla are truly files. zip

winrar.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The theory is very interesting anyway.

But why would you say that

Fla are truly files. zip

I don't see how that makes any sense.

In your experience, can you tell what type of file corruption can be repaired and which can't.... as user7777 found out.

Best wishes,

Adninjastrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the experiment, take a FLA file, change the extention to zip and open it, you'll see the content.

When a file is damaged, what happens, is missing information that makes up or this information was altered. In an image file, we can see the damage with incorrect color pixels.

A damaged word file has unknown characters and missing characters.

In both cases the files can be opened, the big problem is when the files are compressed, since a small lack of information is reflected in many small gaps.

The repair of compressed files, look for "holes", the lid infrmacion may or may not be correct, but allows them to be open.

Fla files are not encrypted, are compressed files with a certain structure and xml, with construction information.

In my experience, any FLA file will not open, open it worth trying this method

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'll do some experimenting.

Best wishes,

Adninjastrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This issue is due to an incorrect addition of empty frame(s) to one or many of the library assets cause the XML structure to be corrupt and hence the error. To overcome this issue, please update your Flash CS5 to the latest available Flash CS5 build.

1. Launch Flash.

2. Go to Help menu > Updates...

3. Make sure the check box for Adobe Flash Pro CS5 is checked in the Adobe Application Manager dialog.

4. Click Update. You will probably be asked to quit Flash while the Updater is running.

After a successful update, you should be able to open the file without any error.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this did not work for me please help i was working on an animation that took hours and now it wont open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2016 Mar 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey this is not working for me. and I don't know what to do. Please Help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soooo not sure if it's still a problem for anybody, but Cs3 has an option to "Save and Compact" so if you're switching computers use this option to save out your file and then transport it to a new computer, and it'll open fine. Or at least it opened fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines