• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

11.3 errors - Adobe amateur work

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So with all the troubles with Flash Player its now official that Flash Player is losing the game. Adobe ruined everything Macromedia was building, and Adobe is not capable to even TEST (if that is alien word for developers at Adobe use dictionary) product before, I repeat before you publish it !

Just 100% amateur work from Adobe. DISASTER, disaster... who ruined Flash technology ? yes, ADOBE ! nobody else did that but Adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For users continuing to run into stability problems with Firefox, we've just released a new version of Windows Flash Player for Mozilla Firefox, Netscape, Opera and other browsers.  Please give it a try and let us know how it works for you.

6/21/2012 - Windows Flash Player Update

Download here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it only available for Windows? It's also the same problem on Mac Chrome/Safari/Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The stability problem we've been tracking in Flash Player 11.3 was specific to Protected Mode on Firefox, which is only supported on Windows Vista and Win7.

If you're running into another issue, we'd like to help you, but we'd need additional information.  A description of the problem, your OS version, browser version and a link to a page that demonstrates the problem would all be helpful.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2012 Jun 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newest update didn't change anything for me. My problem is that I can't control the volume for videos at firefox with the volume control wheel. Flashplayer 11.3  took over volume control at firefox (but not for chrome, IE) and is apparently unaffected by the volume control wheel. I can go to volume mixer and adjust the sound manually. In fact, if I mute ONLY the flashplayer at volume mixer, then firefox (for all intents and purposes) is also muted, even though it's not. 

This is a minor annoyance, the quality and performance of the video are fine. But at least one other person had a similar problem. Again this happens only at firefox. Is there a solution coming?

The flashplayer does crash here and there, but maybe that will change after the latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris Campbell wrote:

For users continuing to run into stability problems with Firefox, we've just released a new version of Windows Flash Player for Mozilla Firefox, Netscape, Opera and other browsers.  Please give it a try and let us know how it works for you.

6/21/2012 - Windows Flash Player Update

Download here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Bzzzzzzzzzzzt! Your "Update" just crashed under a FRESH Windows 7 install with a FRESH copy of Firefox 13.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldnt figure out why for the life of me, my flash wasnt working on youtube yesterday. Took me like 3 hours to find out it was some sort of compatibility problem with realplayer online recording or what not.

Furthermore, I am still having problems with certain flash elements, not in safe mode, for firefox. Most in particular, I cant login to my battle.net account on blizzard sites because the drop down login screen is just a solid black box.

I also, just now, had to install active X AND plugin version(which I dont think youre suppsoed to do) because my realplayer kept telling me I didnt have flash installed, with the plugin version working for youtube, which I could have sworn was all I had last week, when it worked fine. <--- that could very well be some error on my part though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Internet Explorer requires the ActiveX version of Flash Player, everything else uses the Plug-In. 

When I go to http://www.battle.net and click Log In, that content in the pop-up window is not Flash.  Is that the workflow you're using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My realplayer wouldnt play videos from my desktop until I installed the active X version. I just kept getting the same error that RP needed to dl additional software to run the video, even though I had the plugin version.

I actually reinstalled RP before even doing this too, and the problem was still there.

As for B.net, when im viewing the forums, specifically Diablo 3 forums, at the top of the page, there 2 different sign in buttons(one being where your character portrait is, and the other being the b.net bar at the top,) and both accomplish the same log in. However, clicking on either just gives me the small login window, but is just a black box with a grey outline.

This MIGHT be because of I have active x version installed as well, and I can uninstall it and check, but then my RP will be on the fritz again.

Oh, figured it would be responsible for me to tell you Im using Win 7 and Latest Version of FF and RP.

EDIT: Just tried uninstalling active X version; RP stopped working again(saying it needed additional software) and the blakc box was still showing up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have to make a couple Flash Players to work in all browsers.

The ActiveX version of Flash Player is for Internet Explorer.  The RealPlayer application probably embeds an instance of Internet Explorer into their application as part of the user interface, which is why there's a dependency on Flash there.  A lot of UI designers like Flash because the Flash Professional application is great for UI design and animation.  A lot of game HUDs are Flash-based for this reason.

The ActiveX version has nothing to do with your Firefox experience, which uses the Netscape Plug-in version.    

When looking at battle.net, there's no Flash content on this page.  Here's a screenshot of Firefox, with Firebug showing the empty list of loaded Flash assets.  This page does seem to work in other browsers.  I've also tested with Flash Player uninstalled, just to make sure that nothing weird is happening.

You may want to file a bug over at the mozilla bugbase: http://bugzilla.mozilla.org

battlenet.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently the black box login screen, is FF related, and some people have reported certain plug-ins being the problem, but I have no other plugins installed, beyond the default stuff like Quicktime, java, rp, and flash.

Maybe just coincedence it started occuring the same day as patch, or maybe FF updated. Cant check mozilla to see if they updated recently too, cause they appear to be down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested it back to Firefox 10, with Flash Player uninstalled and it reproduced.  I'm guessing it's coincidental.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Chris Campbell,

Jun 21, 2012 12:00 PM    in reply to mari8899 

Funny, that was about the date everything stopped working for me.   Strangely, my  download plugin still works on Youtube, even if I can't play videos, but I'd rather not get in the business of downloading everything just to watch it.  -_-

I'm on Firefox and everything was fine until a couple weeks ago when flash just stopped.  Youtube is nothing but black screens; other webpages with flash players have a sad gap where the player should be visible.  I didn't download/install, uninstall anything(Though I did approve the latest Windows updates.  But if Adobe can't handle WINDOWS updates, it should get out of the business).  I don't have RealPlayer.  As far as I can tell this problem is entirely in Adobe's end and I will patiently wait until they fix it, notifiy everyone, and it's confirmed by users it's fixed.

This is ridiculous. and it's bizarre users are being asked to do Adobe's job.  

But I'm philosiphical.  One way or the other it'll get sorted....either Adobe gets it's act together or something will replace it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mari8899 wrote:

Adobe is not capable to even TEST...

There was a rather long beta test phase, with three public beta releases.  It seems that no-one participating in the beta test has encountered any of these problems.

In other words: it is probably just a small minority who are experiencing problems after the general release.  I certainly did not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah right, I just saw on google result shows thousands of links with flash 11.3 issues. And that is only 5% of people who wanted to say something about it, most of people don't know and they don't report anything to anywhere.

For that money/paycheck you would get in Adobe I would surely make 10x better job. I remember how I had Flex builder first open for like 60 minutes and I've found 2 issues immediately... i don't know maybe I have better understanding of things and easily spotting problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mari8899 wrote:

i don't know maybe I have better understanding of things and easily spotting problems.

Maybe you should join the beta testers for the next release, then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat Willener wrote:

mari8899 wrote:

i don't know maybe I have better understanding of things and easily spotting problems.

Maybe you should just admit Adobe screwed up and stop being a $uck up boy scout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or not, and say we did?  

How can I convey the absurdity of asking users to do Adobe's job free of charge, with the added risk their participation may make things worse for those users?

In contrast, the "wait and see" strategy is far more complelling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They would have to PAY me if I'm gonna test unfinished AND unreleased abominations from that garbage repurposing company.
We all already feel like we're beta testing. In fact we ARE beta testing against our will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They would have to PAY me if I'm gonna test unfinished AND unreleased abominations from that garbage repurposing company.

We all already feel like we're beta testing. In fact we ARE beta testing against our will.

THIS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat Willener wrote:

mari8899 wrote:

Adobe is not capable to even TEST...

There was a rather long beta test phase, with three public beta releases.  It seems that no-one participating in the beta test has encountered any of these problems.

In other words: it is probably just a small minority who are experiencing problems after the general release.  I certainly did not.

Take your head out of your ass, there is no "minority". This piece of sh1t just crashed on my fresh windows 7 install with a fresh Firefox 13.

So instead of relying on "beta testers", how about Adobe just test it THEMSELVES on basic setups?

There is simply no excuse for a company this size to have problems like this.

Adobe = Pathetic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow... Sadobe really are sinking like a lead ball in the middle of the sea. Their latest update not only renders Flash on Firefox UNUSABLE (It would have taken twenty minutes of testing to realize this - something that Adobe is NOTORIOUS for NOT DOING EVER, EVER... their employees are way too stupid to use a computer) but it also manages to render Firefox itself unusable. The EXE Sadobe have added to handle the plugin's activities only takes up THREE TIMES THE SYSTEM RESSOURCES for ONE TENTH THE PERFORMANCE I mean, wow... if you are trying to go bankrupt in a record time, Sadobe, l;et us know... we'll just stop using your garbage! You don't have to force feed this turd fest down our throats to go bankrupt. We can go about this in many other peaceful non-stressing ways.

This update has negative improvements and all problems. It fails at step zero: start and run. It cannot even do that. You have NOT TESTED YOUR RUSHED OUT TURD and it's already at 11.3. ... how many minor revisions? ONE TRILLION?! Don't you test between each minor revision? OF COURSE NOT - YOU ARE SADOBE!!

Through your behavior before during and after this update it has been revealed to us that you are thoroughly incompetent and should maybe think of handing the torch over to someone else before you f*** the torch or burn yourselves outright.

Not to mention this fiesty piece of garbage website reflects just how bad Sadobe are at making just about anything. The website is so horrible hell even this text box keeps putting my cursor at random places every 30 seconds. Holy vomit I have to get out of here I'll turn as stupid, retarded and crazy as these turds at Sadobe. I'm out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow... Sadobe really are sinking like a lead ball in the middle of the sea. Their latest update not only renders Flash on Firefox UNUSABLE (It would have taken twenty minutes of testing to realize this - something that Adobe is NOTORIOUS for NOT DOING EVER, EVER... their employees are way too stupid to use a computer) but it also manages to render Firefox itself unusable.

I would hesitate to blame Adobe employees, per se.  Unless you're thinking of upper management.  That is where, imho, the problem originated, probably of the "cutting corners", downsizing and over-working the remaining employees variety.  It would certainley explain the rush to release without thorogh testing.  

However I agree 100% these problems should have been caught early on, without user intervention.

Re:Firefox usability:  I remember one slight improvement of June 21:   I recall Firefox crashing when visiting Flash heavy websites.  That doesn't happen now.  Flash just doesn't work.  And given a choice between working choppily, then crashing and not working at all until it's fixed, I suppose I'll settle for not working at all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I would hesitate to blame Sadobe employees, per se."
Yes, I am targeting the corporate schmoozers in upper management that think "Dolla dolla! Release release!" and combine that with "Why testing?! costly, costly!".
It takes one idiot at the top of the chain and all the little corporate prostitutes under them go "YES SIR! I will go make the devs bitter and force them to release this half finished product because it is good for the growth of Adobe, SIR"

Adobe are collapsing under their own crassiness. What a disgusting and greasy company.

They did the same garbage with Flash 10. It would crash in fullscreen relentlessly. Now it just crashes relentlessly altogether.A major bug rendering the product inoperable after an update? Once, maybe, we could accept it.
The fullscreen bug with 10.x came back and went at least twice. This new bug is bound to go and come back at random version to version at least twice as well. In fact I think they've already done the rounds once (fixed and re-broke). this is not acceptable even for a free product. We should all be individually paid to install this garbage if it isn't finished.

Bottom line I keep a good amount of old flash copies on my drive. Sure, at least Sadobe still hand them out - but you see how they release garbage like this? I wouldn't be surprised they take the old versions down, too. They are proving they are impossible to trust. the 10.3.x line still works ok with FF and the other bunc

Funny I stuck to IE9 for a couple of days doing the "Wait and see" strategy. But that feels like rbeaking into someone else's home and using their computer. I ain't used to IE no mo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just remembered an OLD Adobe update problem that, as far as I know was never sorted by Adobe.  Some awesome user on another forum (Possibly Mozilla) discovered the solution: an orphaned .dll file.  For reason's no one ever knew, this .dll file would get "left behind" when the previous verson was uninstalled, and be lurking around, making the new version installer THINK the old version was still there. 

IT WAS MADDENING. 

Uninstall> Install

Error message>"You have a previous verson of Flash..."

Repeat 3-4 times

Google for more solutions.

Pull out hair

Grit teeth

Repeat process

Adobe never figured it out.  I got into a habit of just searching for the begger and deleting it, after uninstall, but before the new install; you could tell by the date in belonged to the old copy. 

Now with automatic updates we have new wackiness...

That was a little off topic, but shows Adobe  has a history of not knowing WTF is going on with it's product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines