• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

It is impossible to downgrade on IE9 (Flash Player 11.3 on windows Vista has no sound)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player 11.3 when installed in Windows Vista - the sound doesn't work (doesn't play). I've seen a thread discussing it - it's a "known issue". The 'solution' in the mean time is
to downgrade back to 11.2.

This works for non IE browsers, however - when I try to install 11.2 for IE9 (the "ActiveX" version installer: flashplayer11_2r202_233_winax_32bit.exe) -
I get a message saying that "...the version that you are trying to install is not the most current version" - and there is only one button with "QUIT" on it

So how am I supposed to install 11.2 on IE9...?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

→ How do I revert to a previous version of Flash Player?

You may need to disconnect from the Internet while running the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat.
I disconnected the internet connection and tried running the installer again -
the results were the same - I still got that "not most current version" message, and I was unable to proceed with the installation...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you also get this when you use the 11.2.202.235 installer(s) from http://forums.adobe.com/message/4506372#4506372 ?

I have done this a number of times, and I never got any such message.

I always ran the uninstaller from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html before running the installers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines