Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe premiere pro cs6 loading ExporterQuickTimeHost.prm

Jul 08, 2012 Jul 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the trial of Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, but it stopson the loading screen on loading ExporterQuickTimeHost.prm

How does one stop this from happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if any of these previous discussions helps

Quicktime MSVCR71.dll error http://forums.adobe.com/thread/701789

QT 7.7.1 cause problem http://forums.adobe.com/thread/962989

And http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1030198

Quicktime X does NOT work http://forums.adobe.com/thread/888722

-Premiere Pro REQUIRES Quicktime 7 won't work with Quicktime X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be able to work with the 32-bit QuickTime architecture, Premiere Pro (which is 64-bit) needs a separate (headless) 32-bit application that can talk directly to QuickTime.  This separate application (called QTServer32) then talks to Premiere via a network socket that is confined to just your computer.  I mention that because if it is hanging on loading the ExporterQuickTimeHost plug-in (which is what does the talking via network to QTServer32), then there might be an issue with a firewall or something that is preventing it from doing what it needs to do.

If you don't ever need to export files via QuickTime APIs, then you could just remove the ExporterQuickTimeHost.prm plug-in, but that's just a workaround and may not actually solve your original issue.  To be able to solve that, one would need more information about your system and some log files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks

I will not be wanting to export to QuickTime.

MY computer is

Winodws 7 64Bit

Core i7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had the same annoying issue.

Go to My computer-> Main Drive (C: in my case)-> programme files-> Adobe-> Adobe Premier Pro CS6-> 32->

you will see file named " QTServer32 "

Either change it's name or change it's location by placing this file into a "New Folder".

In my opinion, this is very safe.

Just in case if if Adobe comes up with a proper fix in future, you can always revert it back to original location or original name whenever you want in future.

Thanks to Charles VW above and completely agree with his explanation which made me thinking of doing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can't understand what's hapening. I had the same issue and your solution did the work, now everything is ok. But why does it happen and why it still can play videos without QT support? Why nothing is broken?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charles VW,

I have the same issue PP hanging on "loading exporterquicktimehost". Can you advice how can I remove the plugin?

Win7,

Core i5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem the other day, after some looking around and fenangling, I found that a windows restore fixed the problem.  Hadn't seen this solution posted anywhere else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines