• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop shadows and HTML5

Enthusiast ,
Jul 08, 2012 Jul 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When there is a Smart Shape with both a stroke and a fill, plus a drop shadow, the drop shadow looks like it only applies to the stroke. I have several such objects with fairly thick 3 or 4 pt stroke. The drop shadow should be behind both the stroke and the fill. To avoid this I've been creating two identical shapes when only one is needed. The bottom shape has a drop shadow and the top shape does not.

Does anyone know a better workaround that doesn't require so many shapes?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jay,

As you are used to, I double-checked what was my idea about those shadows: being simply a slightly moved duplicate of the original shape with the color, alpha and other settings you setup in the PI, Shadow accordion. I published to HTML5 and everything showed up as expected, here is a screenshot of that published version:

Shadows.png

For the first smart shape I only decremented the Alpha more for the Fill in order to see better the duplicate, shadow image. The second one has no fill, but I customized the shadow color.

Could you post a screenshot of your different result?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is green oval with a white stroke on top of a blue rectangle.

This is what it looks like in Captivate 6:

Untitled-2.jpg

This is what it looks like in HTML5:

Untitled-1.jpg

Alpha is 100% for the oval and 100% for the drop shadow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jay,

Could reproduce it... will try to find out. It looks as if there is both an inner and an outer shadow for the stroke, nice but unexpected as you say.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources