Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer has the following specs.

1.  Intel T7200 (Quadcore 1.73Ghz)

2.  64 GB SSD + 500 GB HDD

3.  Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit

4.  4GB RAM

I installed a fresh copy of Coldfusion 10 on C: drive and a fresh copy of Coldfusion Builder 2.0 on E: drive.

I followed the directions provided by Adobe to setup a local server and keep on getting "Unable to find JNDI port. Ensure that you have provided correct server information."

When I change it to a remote server, I can browse the server's objects with CFB 2. 

I would like to install it as a local server but can't get it to work. 

Does anybody have any ideas why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance.

JT

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

jvc714 wrote:

RDS on the server is turned on and I have triple confirmed the password.

Hi jvc714,

There is more than one thing we can try.  First, here's a step I've found I must do 100% of the time after a fresh install of CF:

1) In CF Admin > Debugger Settings, uncheck (disable) the "Allow Line Debugging" option and click "Submit Changes"

2) Then check (enable) the "Allow Line Debugging" option and click "Submit Changes"

3) Restart CF

4) Test Debugger in CFB again (Window > Preferences > Adobe > RDS

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the exact steps I took to add the server.

Step 1

Add-Server-Step1.png

Step 2: I selected CF 9.X because 10.X was not avilable.  Under server home, I tried "C:\Coldfusion10" and it would not let me move forward.  As a result, I added the "/cfusion" and it showed the version number.

Add-Server-Step2.png

Step 3

Add-Server-Step3.png

Result: Was kind of expected since I did not select CF 10.x.

Add-Server-Console.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per my replay on the other thread:

Well you can't expect it to work when selecting CF9 for a CF10 server.  They're running on completely different architecture.

CFB2.0 predates CF10, so does not support it.  You need CFB2.0.1, which was released specifically to support CF10.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam,

I am using CFB 2.01.

CFB Version.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jvc714 wrote:

I am using CFB 2.01.

@Adam: Since I haven't actually defined a "local" server in CFB in ages, I was about to say "How'd we miss that!?" when I saw his reply there and that screenshot.  But I see he has selected "JRun".

Hi jvc714,

For CF10, choose "CF+Tomcat Bundle" for the "Application Server" on the 1st screen of server setup wizard.

Thanks,

-Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aaron,

You are a lifesaver!  Thank you so much!

Now that I am past that point, I put together a simple page and tried to run debugging to see if it works. 

I did so by clicking on the bug button next to the play button.  I get the following message.

rds_error.PNG

RDS on the server is turned on and I have triple confirmed the password.  Just in case I made the same mistake multiple times (unlikely), I also tried the credentials for "admin" with the same result.

rds_setting.PNG

Thanks Aaron & Adam,

JT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jvc714 wrote:

RDS on the server is turned on and I have triple confirmed the password.

Hi jvc714,

There is more than one thing we can try.  First, here's a step I've found I must do 100% of the time after a fresh install of CF:

1) In CF Admin > Debugger Settings, uncheck (disable) the "Allow Line Debugging" option and click "Submit Changes"

2) Then check (enable) the "Allow Line Debugging" option and click "Submit Changes"

3) Restart CF

4) Test Debugger in CFB again (Window > Preferences > Adobe > RDS Configuration > "Test Debugger" and "Test Connection" buttons

Please let us know the result of clicking those 2 buttons.

There may also be a port issue.  There are two ports: A "Debugger Port" and a "Debugger Server Port".  The 1st is configurable via CF Admin > Debugging and Logging > Debugger Settings.  The 2nd is random by default unless forced via a JVM switch at CF Admin > Java and JVM > JVM Arguments and then add this JVM arg if necessary: -DDEBUGGER_SERVER_PORT=X (where X represents the fixed Debugger Server Port you'd like CF/CFB to use) and then restart CF.

GTG for now, hope that helps!,

-Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It loks like this fixed it.

Thank you so much!.

JT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 11, 2012 Aug 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Aaron

When i install CF 10 I do not get an option to select CF+Tomcat Bundle.

When i click run to test an application i get the message "project is not in the document root.

I solved this in CF 9 by creating a symbolic link from the document root to the project workspce.

i have reinstalled may times not with the same result.

i am running osx 10.7.4

thanks marcus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2012 Aug 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i install CF 10 I do not get an option to select CF+Tomcat Bundle.

Sounds to me like you're running CFB2.0, not 2.0.1..?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i still have JRUN listed as the buit in web server.

i originally installed CF Builder standalone and tried to setup the webroot to be my mac's apache, however i cold not not this working.

I keep getting the same message when trying to test an app, no matter how CFB is installed (standalone or plugin to flash builder 4.6)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i have 2.0.1 installed as standalone and as plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation