4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 9, 2012 9:17 AM by fidojim RSS

PDF Layer Generation from DWG file

fidojim

I am able to generate a PDF with layer controls (visible and invisible) when opening a DWG file from Acobat X.   I however with same file can not generate the same layer controls by using Adobe.pc3 or DWGtoPDF.pc3 from AutoCAD.   I either get the layer in the list or don't.   I find that I can not generate the layer but have it non-visible at the same time.  

• 1. Re: PDF Layer Generation from DWG file
          LoriAUC Community Member

Are you using the PDFMaker macro in AutoCad to convert your layers? If so, are you not seeing the Setting control for the layers? Or, is it not working properly?

• 2. Re: PDF Layer Generation from DWG file
            fidojim Community Member

I hadn't considered this option.   We had the menu choices back in 2008 but had problems.   We are currently using 2012 version of AutoCAD.    Do you know what the Adobe file menu is named that I might load and run from inside AutoCAD to see if we get better results.   I do remember they were arx files and version specific.

• 3. Re: PDF Layer Generation from DWG file
              LoriAUC Community Member

Within AutoCAD, look for the Acrobat PDFMaker toolbar or in the Adobe PDF menu. However, according to the compatibility chart for the PDFMaker macros, AutoCAD 2012 isn't supported in Acrobat X at this point, which may be the cause of the problem.

• 4. Re: PDF Layer Generation from DWG file
                fidojim Community Member

I did find the .arx files and attempted to load to try run, but they won't.   I'm sure this is because we are running 2012.     As you pointed out they are not on the compatable list.    Looks like it isn't going to happen.   I do appeaciate your suggestion.

I realize it is asking a lot to get two application to pass information properly for each other.  I had previously posted on the AutoDesk forum, too, with no solution.