• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I uninstall Robohelp 3?

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I uninstall Robohelp 3? I am running Windows XP and this program does not appear in the list when I am running Add/Remove programs. I don't have the install CD either.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The normal way?

Is there a problem? A little more detail may help us to help you ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new employee and have a new laptop running Windows XP. RH3 was installed on my PC in error. I could not open any of the .xpj files so tech support installed RH7 without uninstalling RH3. Every time I double click an .xpj or .hhp file, RH3 tries to open it and gives the following error message: "Open project was cancelled or the application was unable to load database for xxx.xpj". The file association is set for RH7. I can open the files after I open RH7 and they open normally.

I think if we can uninstall RH3 things would work correctly. However RH3 is not listed in Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel and no one in the company has the original install CD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try revouninstaller – it can often scrub away traces of a bad install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff - Revouninstaller does not work if the program to be uninstalled is not listed in Add/Remove.

@MJPVCBS - If no one has the CD, how was it installed? I am guessing from an image. Two options, there is something on Microsoft's site about cleaning up a bad install that does not appear in Add/Remove but I cannot recall its name right now. However, I think the better option is for IT to build your machine from a different image.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to remember that it has the ability to search out fragments in the registry even after the program has been removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jeff

From RevoUninstaller's FAQs.

How can I remove a program which is not listed in Windows Add or Remove programs applet or Revo Unin...

If the program is not listed in Revo Uninstaller Pro you can use Forced Uninstall feature of Revo Uninstaller Pro, which does not require a program to be installed or listed properly - just browse to its folder/file and enter its name.

I was thinking of the free version, maybe you are thinking of the pro version.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp