• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Javascript Function Failure Server Side

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently documented difficulty with some custom toolbar functionality in another post (http://forums.adobe.com/message/4541798) but the problem seems to be a bit bigger than originally realized.

I have been working with RoboHelp the past year but only in testing, gearing up to actual deploy a help portal through my company's LMS. I'm at the point of uploading content to our vendor's server and am finding that some custom javascript is not working.

In my previous post I documeted the experience of having a toolbar print tab I created not work when uploaded to the server. Today I tried expiermenting with having the same javascript function prompted by a link in the topic. Tested locally everything works fine( as a link or as a toolbar tab). The problem only occurs when I bring it to the server.

When I test the print function in the toolbar tab in IE 7 it gives me a line error for  whskin_tbars.htm.

When I test it from the in topic link in IE 7 I get an error for [Topic Name].htm.

As an additional test I created a toolbar tab with code to launch an email template. Works fine when the help is first generated but not when uploaded to a server.

I haven't yet reached out to our IT department but wonder if this sounds like a security issue to anyone.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow-Up

We are looking into this with our LMS vendor. It looks like custom JavaScript in the tool was disabled in a recent release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It certainly sounds like some kind of issue on your server. Could it be that there are JavaScript functions in your LMS that block the RoboHelp scripts? Or could the LMS aggregate (compress) the RoboHelp scripts before serving them?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems the LMS disables custom JavaScript through their page builder tool by default for security reasons. I put a work order in with them to validate that this is my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp