5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2012 5:46 PM by Robbie Adkins RSS

Master Page numbering

Robbie Adkins Community Member

I have built a large document (176 pages) and started with a spread...oops.  The first spread is signified as 1,2, the second and on are 3-4...seperated by a dash instead of coma, but the odd numbers should be on the right, not the left.  I can't fix with out shifting all the right pages to left, etc.  I need an expert to help with this!  I can pay for help!

Robbie@adkinsconsult.com

• 1. Re: Master Page numbering
          P Spier CommunityMVP

??????????????

How about a screen cap of at least the pages panel?

• 2. Re: Master Page numbering

YearChapters.pngIntropages.png

Here is the pages panel of the large document and also of the introduction, which ideally would be part of the same document, with the large document pages starting with 6-7 and the other pages added in front.  Does this make sense?

• 3. Re: Master Page numbering
              P Spier CommunityMVP

Looks like you already have two sections going in the first spread there so the fix is pretty easy. Right click page 1 and choose numbering and section options and change the start number to something EVEN of your choice,  but ID will complain if it's a number already in use, so you can use one that fall after the others, or use a differnt number style (roman numerals or letters, for example). Do the same on waht is now labeled page 2 and change the start number to 1, and all the following numbers will decrement by 1 and odd and even handedness will be restored without moving any pages.

• 4. Re: Master Page numbering
                P Spier CommunityMVP

Or you can make those fisrt two pages 6 & 7, if that's what they are supposed to be (though my bet would be vi and 1, with the other doc numbered i to v).

• 5. Re: Master Page numbering

Thanks!  This worked!  I have worked in Quark for years but the client wanted this BIG project of a whole book done in InDesign...so I had to learn it.  But I was stumped with this problem!  THANK YOU!