• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting a testsite or changing out template?

Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you do two things:

1. Change a templete to another on a test site.
  2. if you can't how do you remove the site so I can start over..

There really should be an easier way to delete a site.

thanks,

Adrienne

TOPICS
Content management and modules , Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adrienne,

1: You can't. You must do #2 in your list.

2: Log into your Business Catalyst Partner Portal (Yes, even free users have one) and under the clients tab select the site you want to delete and the Delete site is right next to the upgrade site buttons.

Now, if you have created this using the Free Cloud Subscription ones ... you can't delete them. But don't worry as long as you havn't published it live it won't count against your five sites and will eventually be deleted by the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's not helpful, because I want to create another one using the same name, and that would be taken right? I guess I can just say test1 test2.. etc... As a CMS, It's sort of dumb you can't remove a site you created this easy? Yes, I'm apart of the Free Cloud Subcription...

Groan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that you will be able to in the future ... just wasn't implimented yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool...

Any change of creating more templetes, I can test drive with? I'm trying to set up a non-profit site... and these, are more for my AJW Media basics.... I like the idea, but I will play with it. Can't wait until I get a tablet, so I can play with the touch apps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Dreamweaver as well, you can easily create your own DReamweaver templates and use those just as you would in Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just learned Indesign. Created a mag. I'm a newbie on the latest... but it will be fun working out the kinks! Excited to get started!

Can you point me to some tutorials working the Cretive Cloud and Dreamweaver along with BC?

Thanks most helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks found it! 🙂 It's opens up a new page, and there is when you can delete it.... I will check the templetes more carefully next time... Not sure about BC, it reminds me of Joomla, and I"m trying to keep it simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines