4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2012 12:55 AM by Earthan RSS

RSS feed output

Earthan Community Member

My rss feed output show the entire blog and all the posts in their full length.  I prefer to send out a summary and a set number of posts.  How do i do that?

• 1. Re: RSS feed output
          Jackson Palmer Adobe Employee

Hi there,

Unfortunately you can't currently manipulate the format in which RSS feeds render. Instead, I'd suggest you use a free service like Feedburner (http://feedburner.google.com) to optimize your feed as you see fit. All you need to do is provide Feedburner with your raw RSS feed URL, and then under "Optimize" they offer a service called "Summary", which should achieve something similar to what you've mentioned. You then embed/provide customers with the Feedburner URL as opposed to the original URL.

If you want something even more custom, consider Yahoo Pipes perhaps - it's able to completely manipulate RSS feeds and spit them back out in a variety of formats.

Hope that helps,

• 2. Re: RSS feed output
            Earthan Community Member

Thanks for the tip....

Why does BC not have it?

• 3. Re: RSS feed output
              Earthan Community Member

well that did not work

feedburner can not work out the feed

where do I get the "raw rss feed url"?  I tried right out of the rss part of the site and then out of a link but not working

• 4. Re: RSS feed output
                Earthan Community Member

NVM The feed link is in a menu and I have to change it on every page in the site.... ffs found the one I want