• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After publishling, my baggage .xlsx file links open in Winzip rather then Excel 2010

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Robohelp 9, published on a Robohelp 8 server, after publishling, my baggage .xlsx file links open in Winzip rather then Excel 2010 (the .zip folder does not hold the appropriate file)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you opening them from? It almost sounds as if the file association for Excel files has gotten messed up on the terminal where you are opening the .xlsx file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Internet Explorer 8

This occurs for anyone trying to open the documents (they all use Internet Explorer 8 on Windows 7 devices)

I checked the files associations, they look fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you save the file as a .XLS extension? The problem here maybe related to the file being MS Office 2010 inside a RH9 client publishing to RHS8. RHS8 has been out a number of years - certainly before MS Office 2010.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i click the link, save it as a .xlsx file, then open, it opens fine...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you tried this on any other machine?

Thanks

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get this fixed?  I have the same issue.  When testing inside RoboHelp everything is fine, the file is an xlsx and the link is connected to it.  When we publish the xlsx extension gets dropped and replaced with a .zip.. the file isnt being zipped, it is simply being renamed, as is the link to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

For starters, I'd strongly suggest each of you file a Bug Report. (link to that is in my sig)

As for the rename, I'm unsure why it would be doing that but I DO understand that the Microsoft file extensions ending in x are sort of "Zipped" versions.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2012 Oct 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try publishing to a local folder first.

I just set up a link to an xslx file and published to a local folder. The file opened in Excel as it should and the file extension was left untouched. I have never seen Rh change any file extension during publishing so if the same test works for you, I'm thinking you need to check with your IT people as to why publishing to the server is different.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2012 Oct 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please see the thread at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4740458#4740458

This thread will be locked to avoid duplication.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp