• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quiz - Slides do not automatically advance on second attempt

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2012 Mar 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have published a project with a quiz built in that has a passing score of 80% and is set for multiple attempts allowed.

Student goes through the course

Takes the quiz

first attempt behaviors (working correctly)

Select answer

Click Submit button

Slide advances to next question automatically

End of quiz the student is presented with the score and opportunity to retake the quiz

second attempt behavior (not what I want)

Select Answer

Click Submit

Then the student must select the Forward arrow on the playbar to advance to the next question

This is very cumbersome and confusing to users. Many end up exiting the course with a failure and not returning to complete.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing something similar with my quiz in Presenter 7.0.  Did you ever find a solution that worked?

5 questions + instructions slide, 80%, only want to be able to attempt twice.  Upon first failure, I want it to return to the first question slide.   Upon second failure, I want it to exit the course.  Plan to use in conjuction with SumTotal LMS (My Learning) Service Pack 4

I originally wanted the learners to be able to review the quiz after they failed and then retake it again, however, I was told that you cannot have them review it and attempt it again.

I feel as though it is possible to acheive most of what I want above, but I have never taken a formal Presenter class - it seemed pretty intuitive - however, I fear that I just have my settings slightly off.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When we rolled back to version 7.0.6 this was resolved. We could not find an acceptable solution with the 7.0.7 version. We have been successful in allowing review of questions and still scoring.

With only allowing 2 attempts you will need to have a mechanism to reset the student to allow them to take the course again. Currently we allow unlimited attempts because of this issue with our LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources