6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2012 4:14 PM by wadurbin RSS

I cannot get/put files on remote server

wadurbin

I get the error message, "File activity incomplete."  I'm completely stopped as a result of this error.  I would like some help getting past the issue.

• 1. Re: I cannot get/put files on remote server
          David__B Adobe Employee

Hi Wadurin,

What were you attempting to do when this message occured? Was this when attempting to upload files to the Creative Cloud Files section?

-Dave

• 2. Re: I cannot get/put files on remote server
            wadurbin Community Member

Thanks for the reply.

I open a file on the remote server, make a change, save the file, attempt to PUT it on the remote server.  Fails EVERY time with the same error message.

• 3. Re: I cannot get/put files on remote server
              David__B Adobe Employee

Hey Wadurin,

I'm still not quite sure what you mean when you say "open a file on the remote server". I understand what this means but am just not sure what remote server you are talking about. Is this the web server associated with your Business Catalyst account, the Creative Cloud Files section, etc. Can you elaborate a little more on what process you are going through to help me better understand what you mean? What change are you making to the file? What kind of file is it?

Thanks,

-Dave

• 4. Re: I cannot get/put files on remote server

Sorry about that.  WHat I mean is that I used Dreamweaver before the cloud version and now with the cloud version to do the same thing - that is I connect to my website's remote file structure with my FTP loging and password.  In that viewing mode, I can see all the files that serve up content for my website (http://www.e-ponies.com in case you are curious).  I open one of these files to make a change, but I cannot save the changes other than to local drives.

I hope this helps.  I'm anything but a Dreamweaver expert but I at least used to be able to do basic stuff like what I'm describing.

Liam

• 5. Re: I cannot get/put files on remote server
                  David__B Adobe Employee

Thanks Liam,

That helps me understand a lot better. I'm not a Dreamweaver expert myself, but I was thinking what is discussed here might be what's going on

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1006148?start=90&tstart=0

Be sure to read the latest posts on pages 7 and 8.

That is my best guess. If it sounds like that is what is happening I would jump into the discussion there, maybe pursue getting the discussed patch. I saw that same error being discussed on a few other threads on the Dreamweaver forums too. If that doesn't sound like that is it, I'd start a new thread on the Dreamweaver forum. Another possible cause I saw discussed was insufficient space on the server.

If you are under a deadline and have the technical prowess, you could upload the local copy of whatever files you changed manually outside of Dreamweaver with some kind of FTP client?

-Dave

• 6. Re: I cannot get/put files on remote server

Dave,

your interest in helping me is inspirational.  I do appreciate it. I'll check out that link and hope it helps.  Thanks again!

Liam