• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion can't find ApplicationProxy.cfc in site root.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running CF9 Standard on a Windows 2008 R2 server. I have an Application.cfc and ApplicationProxy.cfc in my root directory and

I am trying to "extend" the ApplicationProxy.cfc in a sub directory that houses a login page. When I try to access my site login

page, I receive a file not found error. Here is the basic file layout.

mysite\Site1 (root)

mysite/site1/Application.cfc

mysite/site1/ApplicationProxy.cfc

mysite/site1/members

mysite/site1/members/Application.cfc

When I view the members/Application.cfc I have the following code:

<cfcomponent name="Application" extends="site1.ApplicationProxy">

But any attempt to hit the page results in a "404 - File not found" error in IE and Firefox.

The problem is that CF cannot find the ApplicationProxy.cfc file on the production server. It works on my test (local) server

and I can't figure out why it won't work on production. Tried all suggestions from Ben Nadel and Stack Overflow. Still no

go! 

Here's the mapping for the directory in CF Administrator:

/mysite  D:\inetpub\wwwroot\mysite\site1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

It turns that what was not being found was the ssl certificate. The location had been changed and I had not updated the reference to look in the new location. Thanks to all who tried to help. This issue has been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But any attempt to hit the page results in a "404 - File not found" error in IE and Firefox.

The problem is that CF cannot find the ApplicationProxy.cfc file on the production server.

Err... no.  One gets a 404 when the document at the requested URL cannot be retrieved.  It has absolutely no bearing on any file that CF can / cannot find.  When your Application.cfc can't find the CFC it's supposed to extend, you get a 500 error, not a 404.

So if you're getting a 404... your analysis so far is barking up the wrong tree, I'm afraid.  Sorry.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2012 Jul 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the input Adam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2012 Jul 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam Cameron. wrote:

The problem is that CF cannot find the ApplicationProxy.cfc file on the production server.

Err... no.  One gets a 404 when the document at the requested URL cannot be retrieved.  It has absolutely no bearing on any file that CF can / cannot find.  When your Application.cfc can't find the CFC it's supposed to extend, you get a 500 error, not a 404.

So if you're getting a 404... your analysis so far is barking up the wrong tree, I'm afraid.  Sorry.

I concur. But I expect ColdFusion would then give you a runtime exception message telling you it couldn't find the component site1.ApplicationProxy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2012 Jul 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur. But I expect ColdFusion would then give you a runtime exception message telling you it couldn't find the component site1.ApplicationProxy.

Ah yeah... that'd be the 500 error I mentioned in the previous para.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed this:

mysite\Site1 (root)

mysite/site1/Application.cfc

mysite/site1/ApplicationProxy.cfc

mysite/site1/members

mysite/site1/members/Application.cfc

[...]

<cfcomponent name="Application" extends="site1.ApplicationProxy">

[...]

Here's the mapping for the directory in CF Administrator:

/mysite  D:\inetpub\wwwroot\mysite\site1

Given the name of your mapping (/mysite), CFC path should be mysite.ApplicationProxy surely? 

That said, none of this will be causing your 404.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've changed the component to "mysite.ApplicationProxy". I guess a better explanation would be that I'm trying to login to a database (Apache client) but I'm getting a resource not found error and I am struggling to figure out just what's not being found. The database is active and verified in the CF administrator, all files are where they need to be, and the session and global variables are being passed as needed. Any suggestions on how to trouble shoot this would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2012 Jul 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting a resource not found error and I am struggling to figure out just what's not being found.

The URL being requested.  It can't find the thing your browsing as cited in the address bar of the browser.  Plain and simple.

This is not a CF issue, it's the web server not being able to find what the client is requesting.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It turns that what was not being found was the ssl certificate. The location had been changed and I had not updated the reference to look in the new location. Thanks to all who tried to help. This issue has been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2012 Jul 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Limerick6053 wrote:

When I try to access my site login page, I receive a file not found error.

Perhaps ColdFusion couldn't find the login page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation