• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Debug player is not running, but is installed?

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have installed numerous times the debug player for firefox and also for IE.

But still the regular player is running in the browsers? I uninstalled all players with the uninstall tool but still I get no debug player running in my browser. This way I can't debug my application.

Does anybody know why the player is still the regular one and not the debug player after installing the debug player version?

And does anybody has a solution for it? Is there maybe something I need to do during uninstall or something because until now I have no idea what to do further.

Kind regards.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 13, 2012 Jul 13, 2012

I found out what was wrong, A view months ago I installed FlashFireBug to see what it does, maybe something went wrong during un-install of this FlashFireBug after I was ready with it. So what I did is re-install FlashFireBug and run the test html page witch throws a error, and there was my DialogBox with my error.

I uninstalled FlashFireBug and after that it still shows me the DialogBox with my error.

I noticed something, in the error log about it.
It couldn't find something from FlashFireBug tha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2012 Jul 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

From where are you downloading the debug players? (Here is the URL: http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html)

Please go to the following page: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html#main_Find_Flash_Player_version...

After installing the debug version, does the flash movie in the site above display "Debug Player: No"?

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sunil thanks for taking the time.

1. I installed it from the page you mentioning above.
2. Checked on the page if it says no or yes. It says YES.

However when I right click on SWF movie it doesn't show me it's the debug player.
If I am correct it did show if it was the debug player in previous versions when you right clicked.

I also made a test SWF that throws an Error when I click on the stage, the player also doesn't throw me a popup window with this error so for sure I know debug player is not running!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should say. Please see the screen below:

fp_debugger.GIF

Don't you see it when you right-click? Could you please let us know the operating system version and Flash Player version you have.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled everything and re-installed everything. Now i do see the image above, but still I don't get any Error popups from the debug player. How is this posible, if debug player is running?

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your SWF development environment? Flash Builder, Flash Professional?

I think these applications handle the debugger differently.

Can you please try the following:

Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash. (on 64-bit: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash)

Open the mms.cfg file.

Add the following entries:

ErrorReportingEnable=1

TraceOutputFileEnable=1

MaxWarnings=50

Now try to run the SWF file.

Go to the location mentioned above and open the flashlog.txt created.

See if it logs errors.

More info: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/configure-debugger-version-flash-player.html

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case for testing I am just using Adobe Flash Pro CS5.5 and by hitting the Ctrl+F12 button I export and can directly test it in the browser but doing this, it doesn't show any Error windows apparently. However i checked the log file and it is recording the error's I have created on purpose.

So yes it seems to be working but it's not throwing any popup window with error's, It would be nice if it showed me the error windows if there is a error. So I guess debugger was always working only not showing the Error window.

How can i fiks this?

Thanks until so far Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried this in the mms.cfg file, SuppressDebuggerExceptionDialogs=0.
For somebody else it worked to show the popup in my case it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found out what was wrong, A view months ago I installed FlashFireBug to see what it does, maybe something went wrong during un-install of this FlashFireBug after I was ready with it. So what I did is re-install FlashFireBug and run the test html page witch throws a error, and there was my DialogBox with my error.

I uninstalled FlashFireBug and after that it still shows me the DialogBox with my error.

I noticed something, in the error log about it.
It couldn't find something from FlashFireBug that was installed as a Add-on. unfortunately I don't have the output string anymore of this error.

So re-installing this FlashFireBug add-on and un-installing it again worked for me.

Thanks for all the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines