Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfimage CAPTCHA Not Displaying

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am creating the captcha using cfimage. In my project we have three different environment dev, stage , production. However I am getting the the captcha image for production and dev but in stagging I am not getting the captcha image. When I am checking captcha in firebug I am getting the image "src" attribute as, "/CFFileServlet/_cf_captcha/_captcha_img2787831475697289656.png" for all three environments but the image not displaying only for stage.

Please help me.

Thanks

Saurav

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2012 Jul 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somebody please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somebody please help.

If you have a time-critical problem maybe you should engage a CF consultant, rather than asking on a community-driven forum, them bumping it after only four hours.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the request to the image giving a 404 or a 500 error, or what?

Do you have the CFFileServlet mapping in your web.xml file (it'd be there by default unless you'd been monkeying with it).

You don't really give us much to go on: "it's not working" is not a very good problem description.

Possibly read this: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/607238

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem.  I recently upgraded from CF 9 to CF 10 and  my captchas suddenly stopped working, so far on 3 boxes, 1 mac, 2 linux.  I imported existing settings from 9 for all 3 and I confirmed that when I change my <cfimage> call so that it writes the image to a destination I choose it works, I can no longer use the method of having it output to the browser, so something is definately not right. 

Also, I searched both my old CF9 web.xml file and my CF10 web.xml file, both have the CFFileServlet sections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that this is old, but I ran into a similar problem.

Turned out that there was a URL Rewrite rule in place for SEO that was supposed to set the URL to lower case characters.  This broke "/CFFileServlet" the ColdFusion settings.  Apparently it is case specific.

Some navigation systems also use !File or !Directory evaluations that will break cfimage.  This page has info regarding that problem:

URL Rewriting And ColdFusion's WriteToBrowser Image Functionality (CFFileServlet)

Check your SEO URL Rewrites.  It may be causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ran into this under ColdFusion 10,0,13,287689, JVM 1.7.0_25.  We use a rewrite in this setup, but it showed to not get in the way.  The troubleshooting process was to view the image sourced in the page directly from the server to get an actual error.  Then it was noted that the wsconfig number being referanced in the IIS 500 error was not the same as that allowed in the site's ISAPI Filters list (being one number off).  The jakarta mapping was pointed to wsconfig 3, and once pointed to the correct wsconfig folder, the image creation/display worked without issue.  I did setup CFFileServlet mapping, and it remains in place.  I am not certain if it was needed in the resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation