15 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2012 3:36 PM by mario_gudelj RSS

How to make menu-item of current page appear in a different font color?

Ginoem50 Community Member

Hi,

My menu-bar works just fine. Hovering the links I get the text to take display the desired color. Now I want the menu-item of the selected page to show a third color.

With live-code enabled in Dreamweaver CS6, I can see the following code being generated by the Dynamic menu:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/CatalystScripts/Java_DynMenusSelectedCSS.js"></script><!-- Dynamic Menu Begin CSS Output --><div id="cat_549633_divs"><ul id="nav_549633"><li class="selected"><a href="/home.html">Home</a></li><li><a href="/leistungen.html">Leistungen</a></li><li><a href="/uhrenservice.html">Uhrenservice</a></li><li><a href="/versteigerungen.html">Versteigerungen</a></li><li><a href="/diamanten.html">Diamanten</a></li><li><a href="/ueber_uns.html">Über uns</a></li><li><a href="/kontakt.html">Kontakt</a></li></ul></div><script type="text/javascript">catSetSelectedCSSItem('nav_549633');</script><!-- Dynamic Menu End CSS Output -->

The class .selected is being created in the first list-item (home) as this is the current page.

And here is my CSS:

#nav_549633 {

float: right;

list-style-type: none;

padding-top: 5px;

}

#nav_549633 li {

float: left;

text-align: left;

}

#nav_549633 li a {

color:white;

text-decoration: none;

margin: 0 27px 0 0;

font-size: 13px;

text-transform: uppercase;

}

#nav_549633 li a:hover {

color: yellow;

}

.selected {

color: green;

}

The font color green does not appear. It is still white.

In order to see if the class is "working" I tried some other attributes, that DO work!

.selected {

color: green;

padding: 20px

background-color: blue;

}

In this case, the item appears as a blue box with 20px-padding, just as expected - but the font-color is still white.

Can anyone help me?

Regards,

Herman