• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with start pages?

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2012 Jul 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'm new to business catalyst and am not using dreamweaver. I've been attempting to create a school newspaper website using BC, but everytime I set the start page, and then go straight to the site (minus the /admin part of the url) it tells me no start page has been set. I've tried one titled home, one titled index, and and attempted to change the url to not include /home or /index, but it still refuses to set them without a page name, or set the start page. What am I missing?

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2012 Jul 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

You using your development url at the moment? or you already set up a live url?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2012 Jul 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not 100% sure...this is my first time using BC, so how I would I check that? I think it's live however, because the individual pages are appearing, with business catalyst links on the upper left hand side, then my content, then bc newsletter signup on the bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi axslayer33,

go to pages, select the page you want to set up as a homepage, click on "more actions" above  > Set as start page.

Nicole - BCGurus.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have tried that most of the time, but for whatever reason it doesn't stick, even right after it says "success!"

Would it help if I posted the url link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please,

Nicole - BCGurus.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2012 Jul 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, sorry for the late reply, here's the address http://bellmagazine.businesscatalyst.com/ and here is the home page I want to be the start page. http://bellmagazine.businesscatalyst.com/home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines