• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop won't launch

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2012 Jul 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to launch photoshop, it immediately quits and the application manager tries to launch instead.  It shows up in my doc (app manager), but is not visible on the desktop.  I can't use any of my adobe CS6 cloud apps at all.  They all have this same behavior.  What's going on?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Greg,

A couple questions:

- What version of Mac OS are you on?

- Did they ever work or has this always occurred?

- Did anything else significant change on your computer recently, did you recently install updates or new software?

Couple things to try

- Download and install this updated version of AAM for Mac http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4774

- Try launching PS from the Applications folder if you are launching it from an alias on the dock

I'm moving your post over to the Download and Installation forum

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest Mac OSX.

This worked fine for a month or so.

Now, let me say this, My credit card data changed and I think it lapsed with the old card # for a week or so on your end.  That's all been taken care of though and i'm still having the issue.

No new software on my mac.  No changes to the system at all.

There's no updates listed in the menu bar on my mac.

I tried running it from the app folder and that does the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to download the update to the Adobe Application Manager from the link I provided? It is different from the standard Mac updates you mentioned.

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I downloaded it.  Trying to install it but it's not working.  I can see it in my activity monitor ( http://cl.ly/I422 ) but it's not doing anything.  It's been about 5 minutes since I tried it and still no activity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Greg,

Maybe try rebooting the mac and running the update again. If that fails try creating a new user account with admin rights on the computer and try installing it again from there.

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rebooted and the installer kinda worked this time.  Now it's but stuck at this state for the last four hours http://cl.ly/I6Zz

I still cannot open any adobe products on my mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the updates ever finish? Were you able to test out in a new account to see if you got different results?

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No David, It is still at the same point it was yesterday when I posted and another account makes no difference.

I'm now three days behind because I can't get my adobe products to work.  I need a fix on this ASAP please!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rebooted again and retried the installer.  It took this time and I'm back up and running.  Not sure what you guys did to this but disappointed that I've lost so much time trying to fix this product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greg,

Me too. I have no idea why, but after a nearly sleepless night, the cloud apps all started working this morning. The only thing I can surmise, is that AAM wants to hear from the "mother ship" before it allows the app to launch and said ship was visiting a parallel universe instead of granting permission.

Adobe says it is and always will be "for the professional". They have to know that creatives don't keep 9 to 5 hours, and we need their apps to work when we need them. I realize the creative cloud is new, but really guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried downloading the new APP MGR and I get this message "The application Install.app can't be opened." with a -1712

I'm on a deadline and this is a disaster. The AAM just says Application Not Responding and I have to force quit it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of my CC apps open! The AAM just sits there and does nothing. What have you guys done? I'm running Lion 10.7.4. This Creative Cloud thing is a mess. I expect my apps to be there when I need them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines