• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have windows 7 and even as a Administrator I cannot install Adobe flash player 11

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try it says I have insufficient access/ permission or something like that. I went to the adobe troubleshooting and did all they steps and It still won't install. I read that if I have "User Accounts And Family Safety" it wont let me install, which do. But if I have "User Accouts" it would install.  Also I don't use/ have Mozilla Foxfire. This all started happening yesterday. I had a flash player or still do have one. Could that be the reason the new version won't install? Do I have to uninstall the old one first or what?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll want to install using an administrator level account.  If you are, and you still encounter this error, please post the contents of your installer log so we can take a look at what might be going wrong.

Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2012 Jul 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay well now I have no trouble installing it... But  I do how ever have trouble with keeping it installed. I shut down my computer and when I go to turn it on again it somehow is not installed. I installed it as an administrator and everything and the problem I had before was solved but now I'm encountering trouble of it not staying installed.

Message was edited by: pandaMonkey13

Message was edited by: pandaMonkey13

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2012 Jul 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try a clean install, as described in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

Still having troubles after this?  If you are on Windows, try http://forums.adobe.com/thread/987370

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines