• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Only right side's audio playing in Chrome's Flash Player

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2012 Jul 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated in subject, in all flash including flash games and youtubes only the right side of my headset is heard (or majorly shifted to the right side). I tried using speakers and it's fine. I tried IE with the headset and it's fine. I'm using a logitech g35 7.1 surround headset and it works fine with other applications. The said problem arises only when the mode of my headset is switched to stereo (not surround) when playing flash in chrome. Chrome and Flash Player are both of the latest version. Switching hardware accelleration on/off or changing local storage limit doesn't solve the problem. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same Issue, Logitech G35 headset, was fine until I got the latest update which is 11.3.300.265
I use Google Chrome mainly but have noticed this in other browsers too.
I am running the latest driver updates for my g35 headset and there is a heavy bias towards the right headphone when watching and playing things using Flash.
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling chrome, even deleting flash player off my pc after doing so, I suspect this will need a patch

Please be quick adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm also having this problem, using a g35 headset. the problem occurs on all web browsers when using flashplayer. my pc specs are windows 7 ultimate 64-bit, intel I7 2600k, asus nvidia gforce gtx 560 TI and asus P8Z68-VPRO.

i've also found an temporary "fix" if you go to your control panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Sound,  rightclick on your headset,  choose properties and then click the enhancments tab and then fill inte the "speaker fill" option.

this levels out the sound on both sides but the quality gets considerably worse but it'ss an temporary and easy solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best way of getting this looked at is to file a bug report at https://bugbase.adobe.com/

then report the bug id (or URL) back here, so that others can vote on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did what you mentioned, i submitted a bug, i hope they can see it and fix it as soon as possible

Bug #3287972

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me here,(Logitech G35) just sounds on the right side of the headset using 2.0 sound with flash based applications (music players, video players, games, etc) on chrome, firefox and internet explorer. Using 7.1 surround sound works fine, and as mentioned before by the other members, this issue started with the new flash player version 11.3.300.265

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems you can vote on the bug page in the bottom right corner (Bug #3287972 filed by Pury12). Not sure if it does anything but I added my vote. Hope it will help boosting the bug up Adobe's priority. Add a vote if you can, G35 users! Link: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3287972

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2012 Jul 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also noticed extremly loud volume when using 7.1 surround sound, i tested this on yahoo videos and youtube (all browsers), sound is too loud, audio is distorted like if i have the bass volume all the way up and my volume on the headsets are in 80% as i usually use for everything on my pc. I tested this with some music videos ive watched before and now they sound distorted and extremly loud, i just gonna try installing older version or stop using flash player until a new update because this is gonna mess up my headsets, this new flash player is a fail for us G35 Users!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally I find a post about this as well... My output: G930 Logitech Wireless Headset

Having the same problem, Majorly right sided sound on stereo mode which seems to be more balanced if I reduce both the left and right side balance to 0 which in theory should be a "muted" setting.

When in Surround, sounds are static and bass levels are increased.

This shouldn't be a problem on the logitech side since there has been no logitech updates even thou most of the problems seem to be on logi headsets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can a staff member help us out please?..D: my left ear is so lonely

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the moment i uninstalled the flash player and im using an older version of flash player as a temporary fix until Adobe decides to take a look at this thread on the forum and update the flash player to fix this bug.

Steps to get older version installed:
1. Download this files "Uninstaller"http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe
Older version of flash player for internet explorer http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_ie_64/
Older version of flash player for firefox, chrome, opera http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_firefox_64/
2. Exit all internet browers

3. Execute the Flash Player uninstaller.

4. Then install the older versions of Flash Player.
5. Open your favorite internet browser and test with any known video on youtube.

Hope this helps you guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One last thing, when you are installing the older version of flash player, select the option "dont check for new updates" or "notify when new updates available" dont select "automatically update" or else you gonna get same problem after a few hours o maybe after a few days again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2012 Jul 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pury12 Your method does not work with Chrome since Chrome has built-in Flash Player. D:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me, the different thing i did and forgot to mention with chrome was to type in the address bar "chrome://plugins/"

Then click on the plus sign called "details" to the right side and then search on the list for flash/shockwave
you should be able to see 2 or more versions of flash player, disable the version 11.3.300.265 and enable version 11.3.300.257 if you have it listed, if not, leave the 11.3.300.265 disabled and use the flash uninstaller and install the flash player from the link i sent on earlier post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see! That's a nice temp workaround. Hope the devs patch this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2012 Jul 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I did was disable flash in chrome, restarted chrome, then I reenabled it and its back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 04, 2012 Aug 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you mrRambo, it works

i didnt have sound and it stop playing after 12 seconds in Chrome, other browsers didnt have any problems. I did it your way and now its back, sound and playback

if some dont know how to do it:

go to chrome://plugins/

under Flash click "Disable"

restart Chrome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MrRambo said on Jul 19, 2012 at6:56 PM:

All I did was disable flash in chrome, restarted chrome, then I reenabled it and its back to normal.

Thank you, this worked for me as well. It not only solved the issue I had of only hearing audio in my right ear, but also solved the issue of youtube maximizing only in my primary display monitor (which began with the last Chrome update around August 2nd, 2012).

Originally, I had worked-around the maximize issue by disabling "pepflashplayer.dll" in chrome://plugins and leaving other plugins running, but today I got a new headset (Logitech G930), and once I plugged it in, two applications began playing audio in only one ear: Mumble (VoIP) and Flash Player. I resolved Mumble's issue by running the program in Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode (apparently, it's an issue with mumble forcing the G35 and G930 headsets into Windows' WASAPI architecture and won't let you alter the setting, and XP SP3 forces Mumble to run it in DirectSound instead.

Anyway, I'm posting this information in the hope that it may help other people in the future. Disabling all the flash plugins, closing all Chrome windows and starting Chrome again resolved both the sound and the maximizing issue for Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also using G35 headphones, however I get no sound period. Using Chrome on Win7-64. Also tried Firefox and IE, no difference. Only way to get sound on flash player is via regular 3.5mm jack speakers. I tried going back to 11.2 for Firefox and IE, no difference. Even did a system restore on my PC, no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a variation of what others have mentioned and it has fixed the issue beautifully!

-Go to: chrome://plugins/

-View details

-Under Adobe Flash disable: Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300

-Close chrome

Done and done. Ty for help guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 01, 2013 Jan 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They said it was fixed in the bug report but its not, i feel like the said screw us and spat in our faces at this point. This bug really sucks for all of us that have it please flash fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bug still not fixed. I added it to bugbase again (Vote please). Also bump.

Bug #3599924

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3599924

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines